I need some help with my PC's CPU Performance

Guest Console Peasant

So I had a whole other thread dedicated to finding a solution to my game problems and it turns it either something is horribly wrong in my pc (which i think not because other games run fine) or my cpu is shit

My first solution was to get an msi z97 mobo alongside a 3690k or even 4770k if i get enough cash. however I heard alot of people saying 835o will be a much better deal since i wont need a new mobo and its on sale everywhere, I  need no bullshit/immature answers and here are the games that were lagging even on low (so not gpu power problems)

minecraft

saints row

wolfenstein tno

borderlands 2+3 (although it is nvidia)

far cry 3+4

All the games run but not well, I usually want 1080p 60fps, even if i have to turn down gpu setting, but theres nothing i can do if i have a shitty cpu.

So, do i get a 8350 for a nice price and then i'll get an ssd alongside or...

an msi z97 with a 4690k or a 4770k with nice single core performance

4690k + motherboard hands down. The FX lineup just doesn't cut it for gaming these days. 

ok, i think that's what i will do

4690k + motherboard hands down. The FX lineup just doesn't cut it for gaming these days. 

Really? Cut for gaming? A 8350 is not a bottleneck for games no matter what gpu you use?

Really? Cut for gaming? A 8350 is not a bottleneck for games no matter what gpu you use?

the fx 4300 lags in the games i mentioned and i fear the 8350 won't be much better

intel all the way

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

So I had a whole other thread dedicated to finding a solution to my game problems and it turns it either something is horribly wrong in my pc (which i think not because other games run fine) or my cpu is shit

My first solution was to get an msi z97 mobo alongside a 3690k or even 4770k if i get enough cash. however I heard alot of people saying 835o will be a much better deal since i wont need a new mobo and its on sale everywhere, I  need no bullshit/immature answers and here are the games that were lagging even on low (so not gpu power problems)

minecraft

saints row

wolfenstein tno

borderlands 2+3 (although it is nvidia)

far cry 3+4

All the games run but not well, I usually want 1080p 60fps, even if i have to turn down gpu setting, but theres nothing i can do if i have a shitty cpu.

So, do i get a 8350 for a nice price and then i'll get an ssd alongside or...

an msi z97 with a 4690k or a 4770k with nice single core performance

Did you try OCing your CPU. The 3690K is for x79 but you don't need that not the 4770K, a cool 4690K and a z97 mobo and you will be good. What is the GPU you have?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Did you try OCing your CPU. The 3690K is for x79 but you don't need that not the 4770K, a cool 4690K and a z97 mobo and you will be good. What is the GPU you have?

It is in my signature but it is the r9 270x by gigabyte with the windforce cooler. And no I havn't overclocked and can't until over christmas, but i doubt it will do much.

It is in my signature but it is the r9 270x by gigabyte with the windforce cooler. And no I havn't overclocked and can't until over christmas, but i doubt it will do much.

Oh ok and you are right OCing won't do much. The CPU is the problem in your rig and while the 270x is not a top tier GPU it can play game at 60 FPS and higher just not on ULTRA settings.

If you decide to go for the 4690K and a z97 motherboard i would keep the 270X and OC it a bit and you can either add the ssd or use one of your 7200 RPM HDDs as your boot drive.

JazTwoCents 270x review

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.