Need help for choosing ram.

Hi,

First, what do you recommend me, 4 x 4GB or 2 x 8GB? How fare can you overclock ram? What's XMP profile? Also, I'm looking a ram stick with a black/gray matte finish. I can't find any. Does it exists or do I have to paint the heat sink?à

have a great day.

hyperx blacks 2x4. but two of them or get the 2x8 pack

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

just use 2x4 for upgradability.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

If you dont have a budget, a Corsair Dominator Kit is a great choice. Cheaper options include G.Skill Ripjaws, or Kingston HyperX Fury.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

With RAM, more capacity in less sticks is better. Going for 2x8GB or even just a single 8GB is the wway to go so you can eventaully max out the RAM if you need to. RAM overclocking is finicky and usually doesn't yield much so I would recommend sticking with XMP profiles which are a BIOS setting that automagically sets your RAM speed. As for a matte finish I don't know of RAM like that.

kingston hyper x fury black either 2x4GB or 2x8GB

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

High end RAM vs cheaper RAM (as long as it's still a decent manufacturer) makes no difference for gaming with a discrete graphics card. If you're on a real budget and gaming on an APU then good RAM can make a very big difference, but otherwise just get the cheapest 2x4GB matched pair that's black and from a reputable company.

The fury series would be fine but I need something with a higher speed. I'm looking for DR3 2133hz or higher. And if the heat shrink could be removable, that would be perfect.

I'd say you're better of buying Crucial 1600MHZ 8GB (THERE ARE TWO RAM STICKS!) for a price of £64.35 prices may go up and down, for the item go to this link!

http://www.ebuyer.com/342352-crucial-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-ballistix-sport-memory-bls2cp4g3d1609ds1s00ceu

If these aren't the right ones, just search in google: Crucial 1600MHZ 2x8GB ram sticks.

Hope this helps out!

Also these have a BLACK/GREY(silver) finish!