Trying To Upgrade a Pre-Build

Monti

Hello everyone. I've been trying to decide on how to upgrade my secondary computer. When we moved in my father got me a dell desktop for school work. At this time I only played really basic games and I didn't have much of a steam library. Now that I have acquired a large game collection I wanted to play them. The problem is that the pre build has really really crappy graphics. Currently it has a amd 5550 in it and it doesn't do what I need. The pre built is a Dell Inspiron 570 with an Althon x4 645. I was thinking I would put my 7870 in it with a PSU upgrade but  I was also thinking about trading it. All of my friends have 750 ti's in their rigs and would be happy to trade. Is it worth it to lose the performance for a more power efficant card with less heat out put? I just want your opinions on this.

I would be upgrading my current GPU for something new and that is where I get my 7870.

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

more power is worth more than efficiency unless you have to buy a 1000watt psu for it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

more power is worth more than efficiency unless you have to buy a 1000watt psu for it

Well I have to buy a 500 watt psu for everything which is 50 or so USD. Also the computer doesn't have a front intake(Will fix that) and it is in a closed of cabinet in my desk. This is where my heat problems come from. Also forgot I'm running a 1600x900 display

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Well I have to buy a 500 watt psu for everything which is 50 or so USD. Also the computer doesn't have a front intake(Will fix that) and it is in a closed of cabinet in my desk. This is where my heat problems come from. Also forgot I'm running a 1600x900 display

I suggest getting it out of the cabinet or doing this

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I suggest getting it out of the cabinet or doing this

Ok I just wanted to ask someone else about my plan. Thanks for all of your help!