Putting together new rig w/o DVD reader. What about drivers?

MMGA

Greetings,

Components for my new rig are shipping in, I see CDs/DVDs included with some of the parts, but I have no plans to put DVD reader into my new rig.

I will install OS from bootable USB as I've done it for the past couple of years, but what do I do with the drivers? I've only used laptops until date so downloading all the divers from the laptop manufacturer's site was easy as all the drivers were at the same place and there were pretty much no variations. Is it the same in this situation? And if yes, may the drivers on manufacturer's site be different than the ones included with the item itself?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

MMGA

Use your current PC to download the drivers from the websites and put them on a USB stick.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Can there be some specific software or drivers that are only available on the CD/DVD included with the item and which is not available on home page?

Can there be some specific software or drivers that are only available on the CD/DVD included with the item and which is not available on home page?

Generally no. You'll want to download the latest drivers off the manufacturers website anyway, as the drivers on those CD's could be really really out of date.

If you are installing Windows 7 or Windows 8, then Windows will most likely auto detect a majority of the drivers anyway, but you should just download all the latest ones ahead of time.

You can always pick up an external USB CD/DVD drive as well if you're really paranoid, but odds are you won't need one. The only things that might be on a CD are free software bundles. You may not be able to get those from the manufacturers website. But that's even if there are any free software bundles.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not really. That would be really bad if someone buys used stuff that comes without discs. Usually only thing you install from CD is the LAN driver if you aren't going to download them before.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There's usually bundled software on the CD/DVD's such as 90 day trials for antivirus software and other nonsense. Usually most of it's not worth your time. I would just grab the latest drivers from the official website for said hardware and drop them on another USB drive.