How to get started with photoshop?

Senor Potato

I always liked fooling around in photoshop in middle school (our computer class was really easy, loads of spare time). Now in computer graphics this year we are starting to use photoshop well, not like hurr durr his nose is big now haha. And I realized how much i actually like photoshop. I wanna start practising with it to make graphics and logos that kind of stuff. I just don't know where to find tutorials and resources to use in photoshop. 

tl;dr Where should I look for tutorials and resource files to use when just starting out in photoshop

Also would illustrator be better for making graphics and stuff like this?

illustrator for logos photoshop for almost everything else also just search up youtube

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

illustrator for logos photoshop for almost everything else also just search up youtube

Illustrator for anything you need vectors, everything else depends on the situation.

Illustrator is Vector-based with mathematically created shapes and lines as opposed to the Raster-based (pixel base) Photoshop.

If you don't already have Photoshop or are interested in upgrading to the newest version, CC, you should look at Adobe's student discount for CC.

Where should I look for tutorials and resource files to use when just starting out in photoshop

Also would illustrator be better for making graphics and stuff like this?

Lynda.com has quite the library for online stuff. Youtube has some good videos too.

Else I'd recommend illustrator when you work with vectors but I find photoshop, best to start.

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90 

There are two ways to learn photoshop

1. Type "How do I <insert what you want to do> in photoshop" into Google.

2. Watch youtube videos, thenewboston has a new photoshop series with 200 videos, they are at a moderate rate so you wont have to pause/play the video constantly to keep up. Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6gx4Cwl9DGD25IGk9Xf7oC3wiT9gC75x It's a good place to start and once you have the basics down the rest is easy.

Edit: Once you learn how to use one Adobe software, you can use them all.

K when I said resource files ( I know i wasn't clear at all) I meant like images and things to actually photoshop, cuz I had the same problem with video editing. I like editing but I have nothing to edit. Thank you for the tutorials i will try those.