Mysterious Interwebs Trouble.

Go to solution Solved by elkenrod,
P.S=This is happening on every computer everywhere in my household

If you get the same results when you connect to your router via ethernet then you might have a problem with your isp.

But I would make sure that you aren't coming to that conclusion based on wifi performance.  USB + no antenna + AC = you could try a lot harder to improve your connection.

Hello guys, im new to the LinusTechTips Forum and i have been having a bunch of strange internet problems lately. It suddenly has gone from 10mbps to 2-4mbps. But the wierd part is when i reset my internet it goes back to 10mbps and stays for about 2 minutes. I will start up battlefield 4/Speed Tester and use them for about 2 minutes then my internet goes to crap. I have tried seeing if something on any computer in my household is using up all the bandwidth all of a sudden and none seem to be doing that. Besides that i dont know of anything else that could do effect my internet that much. I am a gamer and love to watch youtube videos/twitch streams while i game. I have been wondering if im being throttled by Century Link because i have used so much data.If so could this be a sign of being throttled? I could sure use some help and would love it if you helped out.

Thanks- KruNight

=Dirty Diana V.1=

MOBO: :ASROCK Extreme6 CASE: Rosewill Thor V.2  CPU: I7 4770k  RAM: Crucial 8GB's 1600MHZ  PSU: Corsair RM750 GPU: GTX 780 Storage: 1TB HHD/240GB Samsung Evo SSD

i'm not so much of an internet expert but, it sounds like either you have used your monthly allowance of data or the network is under maintenance or you could be getting throttled my 3 best guesses. how long has this been going on? (sorry i couldn't be much more help.)

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

Welcome!

What kind of network interface card do you have?

Wired or Wireless?

Im using wireless

=Dirty Diana V.1=

MOBO: :ASROCK Extreme6 CASE: Rosewill Thor V.2  CPU: I7 4770k  RAM: Crucial 8GB's 1600MHZ  PSU: Corsair RM750 GPU: GTX 780 Storage: 1TB HHD/240GB Samsung Evo SSD

i'm not so much of an internet expert but, it sounds like either you have used your monthly allowance of data or the network is under maintenance or you could be getting throttled my 3 best guesses. how long has this been going on? (sorry i couldn't be much more help.)

Welcome!

What kind of network interface card do you have?

Wired or Wireless?

Im using a wireless solution, and this has been happening for about 5 days now

=Dirty Diana V.1=

Im using a wireless solution, and this has been happening for about 5 days now

Wireless is going to be problematic for any number of reasons.

Are you using AC or N?

Is it a PCIE network card or USB?

How far away are you from your router?

How many antenna does your card have, if any?

Do you live in a house, or apartment complex?

Wireless is going to be problematic for any number of reasons.

Are you using AC or N?

Is it a PCIE network card or USB?

How far away are you from your router?

How many antenna does your card have, if any?

Do you live in a house, or apartment complex?

AC

USB

10 feet, its right about my room

0 antennas

house

=Dirty Diana V.1=

If you get the same results when you connect to your router via ethernet then you might have a problem with your isp.

But I would make sure that you aren't coming to that conclusion based on wifi performance.  USB + no antenna + AC = you could try a lot harder to improve your connection.

Then it must be a problem with my ISP, my parents computer is connected via lan and they have complained about it also, thank you very much kind sir

=Dirty Diana V.1=