BF4 for $10. Should I go for it?

Doughnutnator

Hi! After buying the parts for my PC, peripherals and some games I ended up with $14-15 to spare. Right now Battlefield 4 costs $10 in my Origin store. It's worth it or I should save for CS:GO, insurgency or another game in the Steam Sale?

I bought BF4 for Xbox 360 (and I were stupid enough to pay $60 for it) I liked it, a friend helped me with Premium and the game was OK. 

I don't know if it will be more awesome in PC.

My Rig (I think I can run it)

i5 4570

GTX 970 G1 Gaming

8GB of RAM

Thanks in advance :D

This is one of those no-brainer situations, in my opinion.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Go for it, most of the bugs have been worked out.

BF4 got more hate than it deserved IMO. I never really found any of the bugs game breaking and the game was still fun to me. Sure EA shouldn't release unfinished products but meanwhile, we let ubisoft get away with everything and now  look at them. Anyways, YES BUY IT.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Yes, you can definitely run it. I can run it on High settings at 45 FPS at 1080p

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I expect that if you enjoyed the game on 360, $10 for the PC version is going to be more than worth it to you. You've certainly got the hardware to enjoy it to its fullest.

I cannot unsee your avatar..  :unsure:

I always want to hear opinions :D So I would be stupid if I don't buy BF4 for $10?

You'll likely regret it terribly if you don't.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I personally would not bother, there's a new Battlefield coming out next year i think. Need to save up for all those DLC mate.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

yesssss

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I personally would not bother, there's a new Battlefield coming out next year i think. Need to save up for all those DLC mate.

In my opinion they've done a pretty terrible job so far of showing us how Hardline is in any way more interesting than Battlefield 4. Unless they show us something really shocking, this is going to be one to skip for me.

Yes, you can run it, and yes, it's worth it.

Go for it, most of the bugs have been worked out.

BF4 got more hate than it deserved IMO. I never really found any of the bugs game breaking and the game was still fun to me. Sure EA shouldn't release unfinished products but meanwhile, we let ubisoft get away with everything and now  look at them. Anyways, YES BUY IT.

Thank you very much guys :D

I expect that if you enjoyed the game on 360, $10 for the PC version is going to be more than worth it to you. You've certainly got the hardware to enjoy it to its fullest.

I cannot unsee your avatar..  :unsure:

Hahaha now you'll see that face on every linus video :P

Thank you, you're right, i will get it, I hope it will be a nice and fun experience :D

Hahaha now you'll see that face on every linus video :P

That I could handle. But I think I can see it every time I close my eyes, too. I may never sleep again. :(

That I could handle. But I think I can see it every time I close my eyes, too. I may never sleep again. :(

Linus is going to rape you, sorry.

It's true that Valve is used to charge $3-4 for CS:GO when there's a big sale?

Probably. $3-4 would be 75% off, which is a fairly standard occurrence during the major sales. I haven't paid attention to CS:GO in particular, but Valve tends to discount their own titles rather heavily.

Big sale starts tomorrow and CS:GO will definetly be deeply discounted at some point.

Comparing BF4 to CS:GO is kinda apples to oranges. CS is a slower placed, more technical less forgiving FPS with smaller maps, where BF is more of an "arcade" experience with larger maps. You should easily be able to run it on Ultra (or very high at the least) and still get over 60 FPS.

If you can't decide between the two I suggest watching some Twitch streams to get a feel for how CS is played. But BF4 for $10 is a very good deal, especially if you've already played it and know you enjoy it.

Hi! After buying the parts for my PC, peripherals and some games I ended up with $14-15 to spare. Right now Battlefield 4 costs $10 in my Origin store. It's worth it or I should save for CS:GO, insurgency or another game in the Steam Sale?

I bought BF4 for Xbox 360 (and I were stupid enough to pay $60 for it) I liked it, a friend helped me with Premium and the game was OK. 

I don't know if it will be more awesome in PC.

My Rig (I think I can run it)

i5 4570

GTX 970 G1 Gaming

8GB of RAM

Thanks in advance :D

At that price, this a silly question to ask IMO

Looking for a job

Hmm.. Downloading 7 day free trial of battlefield 4 now. Will see if I like it on the pc more than the Xbox One. If so I'll go ahead and buy it myself.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Hmm.. Downloading 7 day free trial of battlefield 4 now. Will see if I like it on the pc more than the Xbox One. If so I'll go ahead and buy it myself.

I tried it for 1 week too months ago, it's great, mouse and keyboard are better than any controller, anyways it was buggy as f*ck with RTSS. 

I think that the only thing that changes between PC and Xone is graphics. you will run it at native resolution now! 

Anyways play what you want and have fun :D

At that price, this a silly question to ask IMO

Well that's true. it's the same price for all the countries?

I remember that Titanfall was cheaper in Origin Mexico than in Origin USA.

I personally would say go for it. I haven't played it in a few months due to GPU issues. However, I have to say I've had a ton of fun on it. Only killed 47 hours because I got my copy around May-June. Most of the bugs that most people complained about have been fixed and from what I've told, the game also feels a lot better too since the September Patch. 

Keep in mind however that Preimum is needed if you wish to customize your emblem to amazing detail since it lets you have 40 layers instead of 20. Also, like with any BF game make sure you have some friends that will play with you.  

I think that the only thing that changes between PC and Xone is graphics. you will run it at native resolution now!

Technically the Xbone version is locked to 60 FPS, whereas it'll run at [i presume] any framerate you can manage on PC.

Also the use of a mouse on the PC, rather than a controller with aim assist, has consequences for the gameplay. Good consequences, in my opinion.