Evo 212 won't fit. What's second best ?

dmegatool
Go to solution Solved by LimeDk,

something like the Cooler Mater TX3 perhaps

I want to change my CPU fan at work cause the noise is driving me insane ! It's a stock Intel on a i5 3470 so LGA 1155

The EVO is just too tall (158mm). My case would fit something below 150mm. It doesn't need to be the best performer, just a quiet one, below the 30$CAN mark. 

Any suggestions ? 

At the moment, the best I've found is the Cooler Master Hyper T2

The T4 is a shorter version of the 212.

Still too tall @152.3 mm. Thx for the suggestion though.

something like the Cooler Mater TX3 perhaps

I'm actually trying to find differences between the TX3 and the T2. It got one more heat pipe but that's about it, same price. I may end up with this one :) 

I'm actually trying to find differences between the TX3 and the T2. It got one more heat pipe but that's about it, same price. I may end up with this one :)

The TX3 will outperform the T2. The T2 is basically meant to replace a stock cooler. It's super simple.

Other lower profile ones would be the Hyper N520 and Hyper D92 and they both perform quite a bit above the TX3 and T2. They're meant to be more on-par with the Hyper T4. :)

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

The TX3 will outperform the T2. The T2 is basically meant to replace a stock cooler. It's super simple.

Other lower profile ones would be the Hyper N520 and Hyper D92 and they both perform quite a bit above the TX3 and T2. They're meant to be more on-par with the Hyper T4. :)

Wow thanks for the clarifications about TX3 vs T2... and the suggestions. I'll check that out. I'm not looking so much for performance but just something that will be quiet enough. It's not my personnal rig but the one I use at work so... Sometimes it can be harder to justify a 2x price for a CPU cooler :)

Edit : I already asked the person in charge to get me a TX3. Well done CM Norumu :P 

The maximum height alloted for your configuration would be useful.

Also, Pcpartpicker.com has might help a general idea with what will fit.

[witty signature]

The maximum height alloted for your configuration would be useful.

Also, Pcpartpicker.com has might help a general idea with what will fit.

The height is specified is the OP (150mm) and pcpartpicker doesn't have a filter for cooler dimensions... 

The height is specified is the OP (150mm) and pcpartpicker doesn't have a filter for cooler dimensions...

Didn't see the height, my bad.

Pull up your case, scroll down a bit, and you should see a "View compatible coolers" or something among those lines.

[witty signature]

Didn't see the height, my bad.

Pull up your case, scroll down a bit, and you should see a "View compatible coolers" or something among those lines.

My case is a pretty generic one. I don't even know the brand... I mesured the distance from the motherboard to the case manually. 

You're refering to the compatibility filter which you can turn on and off. But yeah you're right, if I knew, I could have used that. I guess I could have find a case the same size and filter with that. But that TX3 will do just fine   :)

Your work machine, is it a OEM? Intel stock fans are pretty silent, when bios is running on PWM. Try speed fan, that will let you adjust the CPU fan speed.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My case is a pretty generic one. I don't even know the brand... I mesured the distance from the motherboard to the case manually. 

You're refering to the compatibility filter which you can turn on and off. But yeah you're right, if I knew, I could have used that. I guess I could have find a case the same size and filter with that. But that TX3 will do just fine   :)

To clarify, I'm talking about this in the product page:

post-82645-0-84577500-1416952501_thumb.j

From what I understand you are referring to the build compatibility filter in the context of your entire parts list:

post-82645-0-91366800-1416952517_thumb.p

Since then you have said that the model is unknown, and that you have already picked out a cooler, so the issue is now resolved.  Sorry if I came off the wrong way, I am the one at fault here.

[witty signature]

snip

Ahhh I see. Never noticed theses links. Good call. 

I was indeed refering to the compatibilty filter from your screenshot. As I'm not building a whole computer, that's why I refered to it. For specific part, your method is the way to go. Thx for pointing that out :) 

You know, 150mm isn't a whole lot. Maybe your best bet is a 92mm fan based cooler, and one of the better ones is the Noctua NH-D9L.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.