[Anandtech] ASRock with first onboard 10GbE get your wallets ready

capawesome9870

$800 for an ASRock board?

post-32322-Bender-haha-gif-Futurama-Oh-w

Nothing wrong with AsRock, their mobo's have not failed me yet.

Oh asrock. Asus's cheap shit rebrand.

This price?

396.gif

Preferable getting a real asus board instead of this.

Utter bullshit, they are fine.

I don't get where they get this bad rep from.

Oh asrock. Asus's cheap shit rebrand.

This price?

396.gif

Preferable getting a real asus board instead of this.

uuummm, you do know that ASUS sold ASrock, and they got good enough that ASUS wants to buy them back?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Utter bullshit, they are fine.

I don't get where they get this bad rep from.

Why should I take you serious? The only thing you do is swear around like an old sailor. No need to be a dick all the time

Why should I take you serious? The only thing you do is swear around like an old sailor. No need to be a dick all the time

Take me seriously?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Not really, I just said Bullshit.

You don't have to take me serious, I won't take you serious either. :) Won't lose sleep over it or something.

10Gb LAN? Is that even commercially available?

ALso that Quad 16x holy shit

It's commercially available in enterprise equipment, but I don't think there's ever been a consumer grade product with 10 Gbps NIC.

To who is this targeted to?

A person who's into computers and drives a lambo?

Actually, a small professional that's growing quickly and could use features like 10gb ethernet and multiple SLI's for Ed's workstation, but still can't afford enterprise solutions.

So actually yeah Linus: You're more right that you know

-------

Current Rig

-------

Now just to wait for MSI or Asus to do their own versions  :D

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

So again a pointless board, that have cost tons of money for the design work.

And probably nobody is ever gonne buy it lol.

I´m sorry but this board is totaly pointless to me :)

There was a time that 1gb Ethernet was in the same boat it has to come at some point though I'm not sure how many consumer routers/network hubs there are about to support it but I like that the industries slowly moving forward and it has to come to a few super expensive boards before it can ever become main stream.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

i dont think thats really needed.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i dont think thats really needed.

If everyone thought like you, we'd still live in caves and hunt deer. because  why would we need to build a house when its not really needed.

If everyone thought like you, we'd still live in caves and hunt deer. because  why would we need to build a house when its not really needed.

fair enough, its just that the price point is too high.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

fair enough, its just that the price point is too high.

well, it has 2 10GBaseT NICs, and 2 PLX switches, on an X99 motherboard. i dont seem to find any acronym that implies budget there xD. and the fact is, those NICs alone cost 300-400$

well, it has 2 10GBaseT NICs, and 2 PLX switches, on an X99 motherboard. i dont seem to find any acronym that implies budget there xD. and the fact is, those NICs alone cost 300-400$

nics arent my forte so thats a bargin i guess

Listen if you care.

Where's all the ASRock hate coming from? The reviews I've seen of their products have been consistently positive, at times excellent.

nics arent my forte so thats a bargin i guess

nor are they mine, i just read the article ;)

noob >.>

nor are they mine, i just read the article ;)

noob >.>

ok thats it, im not looking that your status updates for 48 hours. 

Listen if you care.

ok thats it, im not looking that your status updates for 48 hours. 

What have i dont now :o

This is amazingly cool and impressive, I'm just not very fond of Asrock.

Well, Asrock isn't the first motherboard manufacturer with 10GbE, ever heard of Tyan and SuperMicro*.

*Note: While it is true that Tyan doesn't make desktop boards, SuperMicro  does, but none of their 'core' boards have 10GbE.

That being said, there are motherboards in the ATX and E-ATX form factor that have 10GbE lan and use the c612 chipset and is compatible with i7s, such as: http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X10SRA.cfm

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

say hello to the future ppl I think. mite be very pricey and little pointless at this time but in a few years more boards will have 10 gb  on them  and will be much better priced and better branded (im not hating on asrock tho just would like someing like asus or gigabyte)  tho i agree the 4 way sli is over kill 

Definetly not for your average Joe. Really cool that they are doing this, someone needs to take the first step. Glad asrock has the guts to do it.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)