Thoughts on my build. ~$1500

Buddha8888

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Buddha8888/saved/4sRFf7

I basically just want a "common sense" check on this.

Are there any parts on here that someone with more perspective on the current market would say "Why would you get X when Y is available?" That kind of thing. The goal of the build is like a "Bang For The Buck" thing.

My "goal" would be kind of a multitasking rig (that's why I chose an i7 over an i5). Run WoW or Diablo 3 while having Youtube, Spotify and several browser tabs open at the same time without lag or overheating issues.

I'm in the US, I have one monitor that I'll re-use from an older HP pre-built I got (for now) but I *might* get a 2nd monitor one day and use the old one as a secondary but that would be on my splurging list for adding that lol, don't need mice and keyboard, I have a Razer DeathAdder and a Razer Anansi. 

Any opinion is helpful just go easy on me! :P

Games + Browser + Twitch +YouTube can be done on an i5. My 3570K does that fine at 4.2GHz. 

At that price I would get a WD Blue and squeeze in a ADATA SP900 128GB SSD.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

You dont really need an i7 unless your doing video editing, an i5 would work for what your doing

Id suggest going ahead and getting windows 8.1

and you could go as low as a 600w psu and be safe with that current build

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Not so sure I really want an SSD badly enough honestly. The games I play don't benefit much from the loading time. Other than boot-up speed not much use to me *shrug* As for the OS, Windows 10 will be out by the time I get enough money to build this so ignore that pretty much since we don't know prices for Windows 10 lol. As for the processor, if an i5 can do all that I may consider a 4690k. Thanks guys!

You need to get a better cooler for CPU otherwise if you overclock it with that 30$ cooler you will end up with overheating issue.

Add atleast 120GB SSD.I would suggest crucial mx100 120GB SSD.

Change the power supply to some 550W atleast.700W for your build is too much.

consider this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 M.2 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($129.77 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($101.46 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($349.89 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($349.89 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1626.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-22 02:53 EST-0500

for bang for buck  u are spending too much on mobo, case and psu

if its too costly,replace i7 by i5 or m.2 by ssd or sshd  or remove extra 970 and buy 450-500w psu

and hx series is better built than rm series