Sometimes I get bored in math class

teddyteddyteddy

Good. No need to learn anything. Get ready to start working at McDonald's for the rest of your life.

Not how it works. Very few people use calculus in real life, which is generally along the lines of what you'd need a graphing calculator for. The farthest I really have seen advanced math go in the average person's life is algebra. Geometry if in construction, and calc/otherwise in accounting and related fields.

Good. No need to learn anything. Get ready to start working at McDonald's for the rest of your life.

yeah because drawing two pictures on a calculator during the last 5 minutes of class means that I'm never going to learn anything.  I have a B+ in math right now, drawing a couple ducks and dragons isn't going to ruin the rest of my life.

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

You're being rude. Also as if advanced Math make any sense or will influence your life after school in any way unless you want to study Math. (Or things related to advanced math) And no it's not because I'm bad doing math infact I got full marks on my final math exam. 

I would focus in math. Regardless of your job in life, math will be very important. 

You're being rude. Also as if advanced Math make any sense or will influence your life after school in any way unless you want to study Math. (Or things related to advanced math) And no it's not because I'm bad doing math infact I got full marks on my final math exam. 

I've had a number of math teachers say over the years "the chances of you using this stuff in your adult life are almost zero, unless you plan to be a math teacher or scientist."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would focus in math. Regardless of your job in life, math will be very important. 

I understand that, and I try to focus the majority of the time.  I currently have a B+ in my math class.   these pictures probably took about 20 minutes total combined, and I've been in math for over 2500 minutes this year.  that's less than 0.008% of my time in math class wasted on calculator drawings.  

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

I've had a number of math teachers say over the years "the chances of you using this stuff in your adult life are almost zero, unless you plan to be a math teacher or scientist."

While my teachers are teaching us math like our lives will depend on it... Who the hell will ask you functions after you finish education...

I'm good at stuff that matters in real life (and fast at it), but the rest, i don't care about...

Also, can anybody relate math and Japanese language for me...

No it won't lol. 

Sometimes I get bored in programming classes and calculate sums because we've got a big test at Maths coming up really soon.

Sooo...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Some people have made some really cool art in graphic calculators.

smash_bros__graphing_calculator_drawings

I might be wrong.

Some people have made some really cool art in graphic calculators.

smash_bros__graphing_calculator_drawings

I'm not quite there yet lol

these pictures probably took about 20 minutes total combined, and I've been in math for over 2500 minutes this year.  that's less than 0.008% of my time in math class wasted on calculator drawings.  

.008 is .8%, not .008%

.008 is .8%, not .008%

sorry that was stupid of me.  I guess i should probably focus more in math class

Silly thing is someone ported DOOM to the TI nSpire which I have. I've yet to try it though. Would be funny if it worked.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

.008 is .8%, not .008%

errr, no its not. 0.008% is... 0.008%. if you put them in standard form: 0.8% = 8x10-1    and 0.008 = 8x10-3 . Don't go around telling people incorrect information, it will just confuse people. Also, he was right with .008% and you just x100 his answer.

My PC:

CPU: Intel i7 5820k @4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe | RAM: 32GB Kingston fury DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 980 | Case: Corsair 700d | Storage: 256gb Samsung 950 pro ssd - 2x 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSDs - 120gb Samsung 840 SSD - 60gb Kingston SSD - 30gb Kingston SSD - 1tb WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair 700d | OS: WIndows 10 |

errr, no its not. 0.008% is... 0.008%. if you put them in standard form: 0.8% = 8x10-1 and 0.008 = 8x10-3 . Don't go around telling people incorrect information, it will just confuse people. Also, he was right with .008% and you just x100 his answer.

No, he was right. I just made a stupid mistake. I did 20 / 2500 and got 0.008,which would be 0.8%

People in my class just draw a penis on it and leave it for the next class to observe......

i usuallyjust give a speech to my group when we read the problem. its usually about dedication or believing. seriously, it gets everyone off topic 

how do you do that. i have an nspire and never understood how people can get a batman icon on the graph or any of that

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.