ASRock Z87 New Memory OC Record of 4285.6 MHz

zeros

Memory overclocking world records have been at the heart of motherboard vendor rivalries in recent years with them constantly sponsoring overclocking events to try and snatch records from each other. ASRock are the latest motherboard vendor to grab one of those records as Nick Shih posted a staggering 4285.6 MHz with some DDR3 RAM on the Z87 platform.

asrock_team_group_world_memory_oc_record

Using the ASRock Z87M OC Formula motherboard and some Team Group Xtreem-LV 2666MHz RAM Nick Shih was able to take the RAM to a hefty 4285.6 MHz with 14-31-31-50 2T timings

Also this record was broke a few hours later by Christian Ney with a memory overclock of 4289.2 MHz , taking the title from Nick Shih.

More about and source: eTeknix.com

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

and yet people think that Team isn't a decent brand fro memory lol.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I believe the previous record was also on an ASRock board... remember how people used to think ASRock just makes low end motherboards for ASUS.... 

It's ASRock, not ASUS.

It's weird how many people actually confuse them, this is not the first time I saw a thread titled ASUS and was about ASrock...

It's ASRock, not ASUS.

I believe the previous record was also on an ASRock board... remember how people used to think ASRock just makes low end motherboards for ASUS.... 

It's weird how many people actually confuse them, this is not the first time I saw a thread titled ASUS and was about ASrock...

Oh.. Oh, oh my bad. I was watching Asus overclocking on Teksyndicate. It wasn't because I don't know the difference. It's seems that I just missed that. 

Yeah I didn't confuse them, I wasn't careful at what it said in the news and what was going on in my mind. As I said I was watching OC on Asus boards on razethew0rld channel. I think I wrote Asus from there, and didn't re-read the post. Wonder if I could ask a moderator to change the title.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Oh.. Oh, oh my bad. I was watching Asus overclocking on Teksyndicate. It wasn't because I don't know the difference. It's seems that I just missed that. 

Yeah I didn't confuse them, I wasn't careful at what it said in the news and what was going on in my mind. As I said I was watching OC on Asus boards on razethew0rld channel. I think I wrote Asus from there, and didn't re-read the post. Wonder if I could ask a moderator to change the title.

:lol: you quoted my comment twice. Could you change the title to Asrock though, just to avoid confusion and double posts?

:lol: you quoted my comment twice. Could you change the title to Asrock though, just to avoid confusion and double posts?

Yus I know :P. It was intentional. I can't change it but sent a PM for a moderator. Hope it will get changed. Might send it to another one too.

Edit: MY BAD again :D, I just had to use full editor and was able to change it. :P