Who here eats out of date foods?

Tacitus

Best by 1978, found this when cleaning out the attic last year. It still smelled fine. 

1391794_755322584484958_1144992605_n.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

the date is a guideline for me, i always check it myself first, if you can see contanimation never use it, otherwise smell/taste.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Does it still smell fine this year?

I threw it out after opening it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Depends on the food if it is a fruit that's out of date then it not unless it is mouldy

Here in the Netherlands most products state something like "Can be preserved until at least xx-yy-zz", so usually if it's a day or two past that date but was preserved well I usually still eat/drink it.

Depends on what we are talking there are products that will last way longer over exdpiration date.I for example i did eat Pistachio and it was 1 week before expiration date and to be honest i usually stack on pistachio for movies and no only.I my fav snack.As for fruits and the green class they should never expire 

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Fruits, Veggies and canned stuff sure why not? Not everything but a few days over expired doesn't make it bad. Remove the bad parts from fruits, no diffrence.

Milk. No way. Accidently added bad mild to coffee and spend the day on the toilet. Just don't. :mellow: Same for meat. Not a single day over expired. The dog still eats it but nope. Geez.

I give it the ol' sniff test. Long as it passes its still good in my book. 

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

If a food is out of date, I look and smell it REAL good. If it smells and looks OK then I eat it, if there is the least thing wrong, It's going in the bin.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Fruits, Veggies and canned stuff sure why not? Not everything but a few days over expired doesn't make it bad. Remove the bad parts from fruits, no diffrence.

Milk. No way. Accidently added bad mild to coffee and spend the day on the toilet. Just don't. :mellow: Same for meat. Not a single day over expired. The dog still eats it but nope. Geez.

Funny, I drank a whole glass of REAL bad chocolate milk, I felt nothing.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Eggs... ate those 13 months out of date, nothing wrong with them at all and i survived.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

If it's not spoilt, then why not.

Sometimes it's 2 months past expiration date but it has been in the freezer, good eating.

People who throw it out just because it's past the date, should get a knock on the head.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Best by 1978, found this when cleaning out the attic last year. It still smelled fine. 

1391794_755322584484958_1144992605_n.jpg

Would you be willing to eat some of it?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Also our dairy products, like Vanille vla (pudding) or yoghurt is fine to eat past expiration date.

Fact that some people oversee: Yoghurt is basically milk that's gone bad.

You can get some milk and throw some certain bacteria in there and you have Yoghurt - so keeping it past the expiration date is like having a wine, it's not getting worse. (to a certain date of course)

We still have some pears in a jar from 24 years ago, probably good to eat too, might not have taste anymore though.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Would you be willing to eat some of it?

only if it is still air sealed, then yes 

I never ever go by best before dates, I always judge my food by its condition as I'm about to cook. If it looks or smells off then I'll bin it, otherwise as far as I'm concerned it's perfectly good food. Still yet to experience any repercussions from it, too.

Most of the time use-by dates are inaccurate anyway. Buying food for one at university, it's often much better value to buy in bulk, which leaves me for example with milk that's a week out of date. Yet because it's been in the fridge the entire time, it's still totally edible. :D

Things like milk, eggs, cereals, bread and tinned food are always fine for a while afterwards.

Do people here honestly not eat bread if it's a day or two past sell-by date?

There's the other thing, use-by, sell-by and best-before are completely different things.

Tinned food, honey, sugar etc basically lasts forever, it only has a date on it because it has to for legal reasons and for stocking purposes.

i don't eat meat that is off experation date, but milk is often good 2 or 3 days after the expiration date. Bread is often still good after 5 days ( at least the black bread we have here in austria, white bread would be disgusting after 5 days)

I have eaten can pineapple that has expired 1 year ago and was still perfectly fine. It depends really on how things are stored. 

Depends on what it is really. Canned food maybe, anything with a high vinegar content probably (they've found something approximating ketchup in ancient Egyptian tombs that was still edible, thanks to vinegar). Meats, cheeses, and other liquids (except soda) fuck now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Depends on what it is really. Canned food maybe, anything with a high vinegar content probably (they've found something approximating ketchup in ancient Egyptian tombs that was still edible, thanks to vinegar). Meats, cheeses, and other liquids (except soda) fuck now.

cheese can be perfectly fine after even one week. Just depends on which cheese it is and what position it has in the fridge

cheese can be perfectly fine after even one week. Just depends on which cheese it is and what position it has in the fridge

True, but I generally won't take the chance with cheese.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Things like milk, eggs, cereals, bread and tinned food are always fine for a while afterwards.

Do people here honestly not eat bread if it's a day or two past sell-by date?

There's the other thing, use-by, sell-by and best-before are completely different things.

Tinned food, honey, sugar etc basically lasts forever, it only has a date on it because it has to for legal reasons and for stocking purposes.

Bread is an easy one really, if you see mould, it's bad. Even then, if it's only a tiny spot you can just tear off the little afflicted chunk and it'll be totally fine. I do it with my bread all the time. :P

Bread is an easy one really, if you see mould, it's bad. Even then, if it's only a tiny spot you can just tear off the little afflicted chunk and it'll be totally fine. I do it with my bread all the time. :P

Same, surprised at how few people here won't touch out of date food.

The foxes and the supermarkets must love them...

it is very interesting how many people are affected by the expiry date. I wonder if its possible to attach expiry dates to tech items and such to increase sales.