Getting ready for my new build, How can i properly ground myself?

Go to solution Solved by Mr Yammy,

Well, make sure you don't strap on to a painted surface. If you have an old pc case, scratch some of the paint off inside and attach it there. When I built my second PC, I had some mesh from my first case that I scratched some of the paint off and connected to. I had no issues with static damage :)

Have fun :)

I have an anti-static wrist strap, what do i hook it to to ensure i am properly grounded? I have a old spare case (full of old computer stuff that is broken), would strapping myself to that be enough to dissipate any electrostatic charge?

Well, make sure you don't strap on to a painted surface. If you have an old pc case, scratch some of the paint off inside and attach it there. When I built my second PC, I had some mesh from my first case that I scratched some of the paint off and connected to. I had no issues with static damage :)

Have fun :)

In reality, you don't really need a ESD strap, all you have to do is touch some unpainted metal (like a radiator riser or a stove) every 5 minutes and you'll be fine.