PC Lag and best fixes please? (seriously need help)

Guest Console Peasant

Hello and thanks for taking some time to help me because I need some advice,

Over the last year I knew I had some problems with my PC but I haven't been to worried until now. Today I played Far Cry 4 and take a look at this screenshot http://gyazo.com/dff5c78fb19ad233f04f2a7e363ceab1 This is the screenshot of my usage while ingame at lowest settings at 720p, at 1080p high settings i get 100% and around 30 fps, and the same at 720p low settings

Pc specs:

FX 4300 @ 3.8

R9 270x Gigabyte (FC cooler)

12gb ddr3

asrock 970 mobo

I recently figured out that the CPU was the bottleneck, even in games like minecraft I was getting around 30 fps. This is not funny anymore, this is console level.

The only cases of action to help this is to upgrade my mobo and cpu or upgrade to a better FX chip, which intel are better in performance cpus.

I just want to know which is the best course of action, to get a 8350, or to spend a lot more and get a new motherboard and and intel grade chip, and comments will be considered, thank you.

Your CPU usage is near cap and your GPU usage is low. A bottleneck.

Your CPU is not capable enough

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Your CPU usage is near cap and your GPU usage is low. A bottleneck.

Your CPU is not capable enough

i know. on high settings it sits at 95-100%

Hello and thanks for taking some time to help me because I need some advice,

Over the last year I knew I had some problems with my PC but I haven't been to worried until now. Today I played Far Cry 4 and take a look at this screenshot http://gyazo.com/dff5c78fb19ad233f04f2a7e363ceab1 This is the screenshot of my usage while ingame at lowest settings at 720p, at 1080p high settings i get 100% and around 30 fps, and the same at 720p low settings

Pc specs:

FX 4300 @ 3.8

R9 270x Gigabyte (FC cooler)

12gb ddr3

asrock 970 mobo

I recently figured out that the CPU was the bottleneck, even in games like minecraft I was getting around 30 fps. This is not funny anymore, this is console level.

The only cases of action to help this is to upgrade my mobo and cpu or upgrade to a better FX chip, which intel are better in performance cpus.

I just want to know which is the best course of action, to get a 8350, or to spend a lot more and get a new motherboard and and intel grade chip, and comments will be considered, thank you.

Don't feel bad, check the other thread. People with hexas and GTX 980's are stuttering. I am stuttering on a 4770k at 4.3 ghz. I would be stuttering if I went out and bought a water cooler tomorrow and upped my OC to 4.6-4.7 which I can probably easily hit.

Is your cpu slower than mine? Sure. It will probably play DA Inquisition (has Mantle) a hell of a lot better than Far Cry 4 though. Far Cry 4 is NOT a game I would upgrade for, cus if you upgraded to a OC I7? You would be just as pissed lol :).

To put it simply? Yeah that model AMD CPU was slow. These newer games simply need a low level API, cus the game makers are too incompetent, or refuse to spend the time on optimization to get a well working game out of our current Direct X. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Don't feel bad, check the other thread. People with hexas and GTX 980's are stuttering. I am stuttering on a 4770k at 4.3 ghz. I would be stuttering if I went out and bought a water cooler tomorrow and upped my OC to 4.6-4.7 which I can probably easily hit.

Is your cpu slower than mine? Sure. It will probably play DA Inquisition (has Mantle) a hell of a lot better than Far Cry 4 though. Far Cry 4 is NOT a game I would upgrade for, cus if you upgraded to a OC I7? You would be just as pissed lol :).

To put it simply? Yeah that model AMD CPU was slow. These newer games simply need a low level API, cus the game makers are too incompetent, or refuse to spend the time on optimization to get a well working game out of our current Direct X. 

You sir are awesome.

i know. on high settings it sits at 95-100%

You need to upgrade that CPU, either by OC'ing or by getting a new CPU. It's also the game being bad but you could use a new CPU

True, but it's still bad that the GPU is not even used for 25%. It's a still a bottleneck

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You need to upgrade that CPU, either by OC'ing or by getting a new CPU. It's also the game being bad but you could use a new CPU

True, but it's still bad that the GPU is not even used for 25%. It's a still a bottleneck

which leads to the question, what's the best course of action. I could spend what $300 on an fx 8350 or i can get a better one but would need a new mobo to which would probably end up at about $500..

which leads to the question, what's the best course of action. I could spend what $300 on an fx 8350 or i can get a better one but would need a new mobo to which would probably end up at about $500..

Not even close to that price unless you live in Australia. For $330 usd you can get a 4690k WITH motherboard

And? It might be fine on other games. We can only hope Nvidia takes Mantle. His CPU is still better than the cpu in a console. Those are 1.6 and 1.75 GHZ AMD CPU's that are basically the same thing and the PS4 has the wrong ram paired with the CPU, and the XB1 has the wrong ram paired with the GPU. Yet that epic piece of crap in the PS4 can run a locked 30 on Far Cry 4.

People often do not simply have the money to go out and buy a whole new motherboard/chip at the drop of a hat. The problem here is that his CPU SHOULD be fine and it isn't. My 4770k? Should LAUGH at Far Cry 4, yet it chugs at times. Hexas should be able to play this game and run 10,000 youtube videos in the background.  Like this one.

The problem with that? The 8350 would still struggle in this game. :(. We simply need a new API, cus even overclocked Intel's can't handle these new games. I wouldn't bother playing Farcry on anything but a overclocked I5 atm. The CPU optimization is simply THAT bad. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

sorry this is not relevant but what monitoring software is that?

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Not even close to that price unless you live in Australia. For $330 usd you can get a 4690k WITH motherboard

I live in australia but thanks

I live in australia but thanks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($130.00 @ Centre Com) 
Total: $409.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-18 21:27 EST+1100

It's an option but it is slightly expensive yes.

sorry this is not relevant but what monitoring software is that?

they are widgets

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($130.00 @ Centre Com) 
Total: $409.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-18 21:27 EST+1100

It's an option but it is slightly expensive yes.

not a bad option, but for half the price i can get an 8350, im just wandering if its worth paying double for a better mobo and cpu.

not a bad option, but for half the price i can get an 8350, im just wandering if its worth paying double for a better mobo and cpu.

Would not go 8350 on a 970 motherboard. It's HIGHLY recommended to go 990FX with the 8350

they are widgets

any idea what ones i want them

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

any idea what ones i want them

All_CPU_Meter_V4.7.3 and GPUMonitor widgets.

Would not go 8350 on a 970 motherboard. It's HIGHLY recommended to go 990FX with the 8350

why is that? and i guess that is the same as upgrading anyway if so.

why is that? and i guess that is the same as upgrading anyway if so.

8350 also really want an OC to be effective and reach an I5 level of power but the chipset and 970 boards tend to not be beefy enough for good OC's on an 8350.

8350 also really want an OC to be effective and reach an I5 level of power but the chipset and 970 boards tend to not be beefy enough for good OC's on an 8350.

So its best for me to get the intel anyway? (since for 8350 im needing a 990x mobo?)

So its best for me to get the intel anyway?

In general, it's stronger and in my eyes the cost is easily justified but remember that it's your money.

In general, it's stronger and in my eyes the cost is easily justified but remember that it's your money.

of course, and thats why I want to know the best, it seems that getting a new mobo and cpu is better than getting a better cpu and slighly better cpu

of course, and thats why I want to know the best, it seems that getting a new mobo and cpu is better than getting a better cpu and slighly better cpu

I would wait a little before upgrading the CPU, as AMD are supposedly working on a new CPU. Could pay you to hold off upgrading for now, and to see what they do with that. What other games are giving you these issues?

I would wait a little before upgrading the CPU, as AMD are supposedly working on a new CPU. Could pay you to hold off upgrading for now, and to see what they do with that. What other games are giving you these issues?

Minecraft and most latest games (minecraft because its cpu intensive mainly)

I dont have any issues with Minecraft, and I have the same cpu as you. I play both Vanilla Mincraft, and use Feed the Beast. As for most modern games, would help with a little info; which games exactly? I don't have Farcry 4 at the moment, as I am waiting on more opinions over the game. So I can not really let you know if the CPU is been the factor here, or something not working right on your system.