PC Lag and best fixes please? (seriously need help)

Guest Console Peasant

That is not the motherboard you have listed in your parts list within your signature! 

The motherboard you just linked me too might just be what is causing your issues, as it is running on the 700 series chipset (760G to be precise), which I believe first released in 2008. It was never designed to work with the Bulldozer (released 2011) and Piledriver (2012) FX CPU's, compatibility has just been bolted onto it. The fact the 700 series chipset has been used by Asrock on a motherboard made in 2012 is pretty mind boggling. I can honestly say that I would buy a new motherboard if I was you, something in the 970 or 990fx range. But if you do decide to do that, then it would probably just pay you to swap to intel and get an i5. Just don't cheap out on the motherboard. Cheap ones can be ok, but it pays to get a fairly decent gaming based one. It also pays to check out every little bit of info you can on things like the chipset built onto the motherboard. And try to pick one that has compatibility for your cpu from the base Bios software and the chipset.

I was planning to get an MSI z97 alongside the 4690k but I'm pretty sure thats the right bios..

http://gyazo.com/a3cfb8f73737685d9ef6bb079858f274

in the picture (the 960GM) is the same as the driver.

I think the mobo in my parts lists is wrong, and I'm going to remove that link in exchange for my real specs, sorry about that.

That CPU will serve you well, so a good pick there. You should probably open a new thread in the "cpu, motherboard, and memory" section though, and ask for recommendations on Z97 motherboards. I believe most gravitate towards Asus rog ones at the moment (sheer amount of options, and also high quality), but the MSI Gaming motherboards are usually good as well.

Always best to have accurate specs listed, as without them; it makes it very hard to give suggestions on what might be wrong.  

That CPU will serve you well, so a good pick there. You should probably open a new thread in the "cpu, motherboard, and memory" section though, and ask for recommendations on Z97 motherboards. I believe most gravitate towards Asus rog ones at the moment (sheer amount of options, and also high quality), but the MSI Gaming motherboards are usually good as well.

Always best to have accurate specs listed, as without them; it makes it very hard to give suggestions on what might be wrong.  

Thanks for the help, but there was another post saying something was bad and i'm not sure what it is yet, i'm not sure if a new cpu and mobo is all i need.