Which Z97 motherboard should i get?

Andooo
Go to solution Solved by Anthony10,

I would stick with your initial choice of thr MSI gaming 5 or 3, brand matching components in a build makes it look soooo much cleaner/well thought out IMO

I'm making a build with an I5-4690k and an MSI GTX 970, and I am going with a red and black theme but i'm not sure whether i want a red and black motherboard. So basically i want your opinion on what the nicest looking yet cheapest Z97 motherboard would be to compliment my 970 and 4690k. I was looking at the MSI gaming 5 as originally i had my heart set on a red and black mobo but today i saw my friends plain, matte black board and i thought it looked really really nice so i thought i might look further in that direction. Thanks :D

MSI gaming 5 is cool, I've got, its got all you need in there including some premium ones, but honestly matte black looks so much cooler. If price isnt a problem for you I would splurge a little bit  :D  the MSI gaming 5 is great as a value board, so if thats what fits your needs when it comes down to it then thats my recommendation.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

The Asus Maximus vii formula would looks awesome in your build. It looks very nice with the red and black ROG cover and has a lot of nice features.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

The Asus Maximus vii formula would looks awesome in your build. It looks very nice with the red and black ROG cover and has a lot of nice features.

Dude, that board is waaay out of my budget :D hahah

Dude, that board is waaay out of my budget :D hahah

I'm sorry I accidentally over looked the part where you said "nicest looking yet cheapest". That's my fault. ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Very budget: MSI z97 PC MATE

Budgetish: MSI Gaming 3/5

Asus Z97-AR

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I would stick with your initial choice of thr MSI gaming 5 or 3, brand matching components in a build makes it look soooo much cleaner/well thought out IMO