Optical Mice - Is there anything that compares to an M65?

I guess I'll have to do that then. It's not so much for the shape, just to get the feel of a Laser mouse instead of Optical.

If I like it: I'm getting an M65 RGB.

If not: I'm going to go either Sabre, G502, M45, Naos, Kone, or Chroma.

They're not going to feel much different if at all. The shape and weight will effect you far more. Also only was to do a proper comparison would be both types of sensors in the same mouse.

High DPI have nothing to do with anything, really. "Hardcore" FPS players prefer low DPI, as low as 400. Manufacturers market high dpi (and laser) because they need to slap something with big numbers and fancy name on the boxes so the people who don't do their research buy them thinking they got something amazing.

Anyone who is serious about (gaming) mouse performance should read https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0 at least.

That not necessarily the case any more as there are pro's who use higher sensitivities now. We're not back in the days where the only sensors without flaws were 1800dpi or less. You just can't say high dpi is bad or not used as your going to play best at the dpi your naturally the most comfortable with. Also in other game types a higher dpi can be beneficial pertaining you can control it.

Also if I'm not comfortable with the mouse or it can't do what I want button / control / software wise I could care less if it has the best sensor in the world.

Yes but its not like oh there's acceleration and oh my gosh it a whole lot like checking the box in windows. It's actually a quite small amount and you'll notice other features of the mouse long before that. Also since it's based on interpretation the farther you get from the native dpi of the sensor the worse it is. However people who play at say 400 dpi should know this by now so they don't generally look at laser mice unless that's the only option for a shape or button arrangement. Also there have been optical mice that suffer from this kind of accelerated also and even other kinds. So just because it's optical doesn't make it perfect.

I don't know have you ever used the Razer Taipan because the acceleration in that is f*cking awful. I used it for nearly 2 years. It was expensive as hell so I didn't want to waste my money on getting rid of it. I put up with that crap for too long.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I don't know have you ever used the Razer Taipan because the acceleration in that is f*cking awful. I used it for nearly 2 years. It was expensive as hell so I didn't want to waste my money on getting rid of it. I put up with that crap for too long.

Did you have the 4G model with the dual sensors, a laser and an optical? If so that's one of two sensors I've ever had major issues with.

Did you have the 4G model with the dual sensors, a laser and an optical? If so that's one of two sensors I've ever had major issues with.

yea that diabolical mess of a sensor. Did Razer even think when they designed that thing.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Now I know why you've had a bad experience. I think you should try laser mice again, you'll be amazed at the difference. :)

yea that diabolical mess of a sensor. Did Razer even think when they designed that thing.

They thought marketing whooo! :P

I want to the tech store now. Aaaaand... No laser for me.

The acceleration wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was still too much for me to even consider a laser sensor.

I'm currently standing with G402 as a great option, however....
While I've heard the sensor on it is decent, I'm worried about the accelerometer. If I don't like it, is there anyway to turn it off? And does it work seamlessly with the sensor? What is the general experience with it?
I really like it's shape and button placement, but unlike the laser mice i tried, I didn't get to try the G402 hooked up to a PC.. Just out of the box shape testing.

EDIT: Just watched Luke's review, and I'm probably going to be getting the G402. I don't really care that much for the non-braided cable, which I could braid myself later down the road if I so desire.
However I'm still interested in hearing other peoples experience and thoughts :D

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain