Corsair 350d..i7 3960x and 2 690 watercooled

lgamer99

Hi all

i am building a water cooled corsair 350d and i would like some help from the community.

first time poster here and i have some questions about my future build

i am building a x79 micro atx board with 2 690 water cooled

CPU : Intel 3960x

Motherboard :Asus Rampage IV GENE R.O.G, Intel X79, 

Case/PSU : Corsair 350D and Corsair AX860i

VGA : 2 x 690

HDD : vertex 4 512gb x 2 and crucial m5 960gb x 2 

RAM : corsair dominator platinum 32gb

radiator : alphacool Monsta and st30 240mm

i will update soon with more information. i was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to watercool 2 690 and i7 3960x or should i just go for one 690

many thanks for people's help

a 860 wont run 2 690s and dont get 2 690s get 2 or 3 780s. why do you need socket 2011? Is this just a "THROW ALL THE MONEYS AT IT" build or do you just want a nice build? 

And for the love of god, corsair dominator platinums are the biggest waste of money ever, may want to change that.

Get 1 tb HDDs they are only like $15 more and you are getting like 10x more storage.

And only one or two rads, wont be enough to cool all that stuff adequately .

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i wanted to do a massive 2011 build in a tj-11 but i realized i don't have enough money.

i just want 6 core and a micro atx build, i just need to know whats possible. i getting a 690 because far cheaper then a titan

and for some reason i do not want a 780 but i am considering it though.

ive got like 1tb and a 2tb and 2x 3b hard drives, i would like to go ssd.

what is wrong with platinum?

Your PSU is not enough to run this config anywhere near usable.

You will not fit enough radiator space into a 350D to cool all of this. You gonna boil the water.

4 GPUs [2x2 Cores] suck hard. Less FPS in most games because it's simply not working. Get two 780s and be good with it. [the performance increase of titan over 780 is like 20$ but you pay a lot more so not worth it again.]

3960x is useless for gaming. 3930k has precisely the same performance in games. And a new i5 / i7 will most likely be better.

Dominator Platinums are not actually good, they're just expensive, something like Hyper X Beast or G.Skill Trident X [if you wanna overkill] will be a lot more fun.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Well... for gaming i agree with already has been said!

But what if he's doing editing/3d stuff ? is 2011 a bad choice? the quad channel for extra bandwith with software that can take advantage of that?

And 2x 690 ... if ppl have problems with 1card because not all games can use the 2 gpus at its full potencial, then 2 cards with 4 gpus its even more problematic...

I would change the cpu for a 4770k, one of the new ROG from asus and a 780, the rest seems fine

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Your PSU is not enough to run this config anywhere near usable.

You will not fit enough radiator space into a 350D to cool all of this. You gonna boil the water.

4 GPUs [2x2 Cores] suck hard. Less FPS in most games because it's simply not working. Get two 780s and be good with it. [the performance increase of titan over 780 is like 20$ but you pay a lot more so not worth it again.]

3960x is useless for gaming. 3930k has precisely the same performance in games. And a new i5 / i7 will most likely be better.

Dominator Platinums are not actually good, they're just expensive, something like Hyper X Beast or G.Skill Trident X [if you wanna overkill] will be a lot more fun.

Agreed. For that set up as a minimum I'd say a 240mm for the cpu and a 360mm rad for the GPU's. I'd personally want a 480 to cool four GPU's.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Hey all

Thanks for the replies I am absorbing what you are all saying. Let's for get the 2 x690 but I do want a 2011 system, so I have not brought a gpu yet, so which one should I get? for my system. I wanted a single 690 because I can get it cheap if you think I can't cool it which gpu should I get

I like the corsair dominator platinum because of looks :-)

Thanks

Get a 780 or two.

get a 3930K

saved: 2000$ ish

buy awesome-er watercooling shiz + Better case (case labs S5...)

BEAST.

:)

or perhaps take a 4770K with a Maximus VI Impact / Gene with a case labs S3 / S5 and one / two 780

^_^

Get a 780 or two.

get a 3930K

saved: 2000$ ish

buy awesome-er watercooling shiz + Better case (case labs S5...)

BEAST.

:)

or perhaps take a 4770K with a Maximus VI Impact / Gene with a case labs S3 / S5 and one / two 780

two 780s will be much better

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

I like the corsair 350d

if i did a h100i and two 780 would a 860i power supply be enough

i do have a sound card as well, asus xonar?

I like the corsair 350d

if i did a h100i and two 780 would a 860i power supply be enough

i do have a sound card as well, asus xonar?

Can you even fit two graphics cards as well as a sound card on a m-ATX board? 

Processor: Intel core i5 650 | Motherboard: Asus p7h55D-M Pro | Graphics: MSI GTX 560 OC twin frozr II | RAM: Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600MHz CL9 | SSD: Samsung 830 series 128gb | HDD: WD blue 320gb | Case: Unbranded NAF (No air flow) | PSU: Powercase 650w | Keyboard: Logitech g110 | Mouse: Microsoft basic optical  :( | Headset: Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset | Monitor: Asus mw221u 22 inch 1680x1050 16:10 

Can you even fit two graphics cards as well as a sound card on a m-ATX board?

if they are dual slot (and they are) so nope. :'(

but, Asus' ROG motherboards have great audio, as well as Gigabyte's G1 series boards. (G1 Sniper M5 :D )

Why not just a normal ATX board? In a normal ATX case. With 2 video cards and a 6 core you have a slot of heat

ASUS Rampage IV GENE

HeZu5CV.jpg

White is the GPU's and green is the sound card. Wouldn't that work?

And the 350D support the over hang of the bottom card.

\

Here's a pic of 1 690 on a x79 in a 350d might give u some ideas

Here's a pic of 1 690 on a x79 in a 350d might give u some ideas

IMG 2906

IMG 2914

I don't like the way the water cooling is ran for (I believe) the drain, it takes up way to much room.

So glad I put it in.. Fill ports going in this weekend ;)

If I put in a second I would have to move it but for now ill leave it

Crazy how the GPU and the PSU touch, such a compact build

So much tubing. This could me much tighter

By all means build one and show me. I look forward to see how other people water cool there systems in this case. It's a very small case and this is my second water cooled build. I also wanted a fill port and a drain for maintenance and upgrades. That's important to me and have already come in realy handy. Thanks for the input ;)

I plan on doing a similar build and was wondering a few things:

Corsair 350D

Gigabyte G1 M5 Mobo

Corsair 860i PSU

2 x 7970

I was going to go with a 240mm in the front (wanted 280mm but doesn’t look like it would fit in front, length-wise) and a 280mm on top.

For the front 240mm, I was going to go with UT60 (60mm thick) with 2 x 140mm fans pushing in (mounts onto the 350D in the front) and 2 x 120mm fans pulling out (mounted to rad)

For the top, I was going with a 280mm radiator, probably a Black Ice Stealth GT (30mm thick), with 2 x 140mm pulling out only. 

Questions:  I know it’s a fairly new case, but I’ve seen pictures of a few builds with the case and was wondering if there is enough space in the front rad to mount an Alphacool Monsta (80mm thick) along with the push/pull setup I planned above for the front rad.  Also, wondering if I would have enough space to fit a XT45 (45mm thick) on top instead of the Stealth GT with just the pull only.  I’m trying to maximize as much radiator space as I can.  I will be moving around a lot in the next 2 years so I’m trying to make a small but powerful build, hence the m-atx.  Also thinking about adding a 120mm radiator to the rear… I mean, why not? 

I know there’s not much out there on this case but any input is appreciated.   Thanks!

If anyone was wondering what fans I planned on getting:
Front rad push = 2 x 140mm Cougar CF-V14HB (1200rpm)

Front rad pull = 2 x GTs AP-15 (1850rpm)

Top rad pull = 2 x 140mm Cougar CF-V14HB

I’m trying to create positive pressure to decrease dust, which gives me another reason (besides better temps) for the push/pull in the front.  Also trying to make it as quiet as possible, so sacrificing some degrees is okay.