Corsair 350d..i7 3960x and 2 690 watercooled

lgamer99

I plan on doing a similar build and was wondering a few things:

Corsair 350D

Gigabyte G1 M5 Mobo

Corsair 860i PSU

2 x 7970

I was going to go with a 240mm in the front (wanted 280mm but doesn’t look like it would fit in front, length-wise) and a 280mm on top.

For the front 240mm, I was going to go with UT60 (60mm thick) with 2 x 140mm fans pushing in (mounts onto the 350D in the front) and 2 x 120mm fans pulling out (mounted to rad)

For the top, I was going with a 280mm radiator, probably a Black Ice Stealth GT (30mm thick), with 2 x 140mm pulling out only. 

Questions:  I know it’s a fairly new case, but I’ve seen pictures of a few builds with the case and was wondering if there is enough space in the front rad to mount an Alphacool Monsta (80mm thick) along with the push/pull setup I planned above for the front rad.  Also, wondering if I would have enough space to fit a XT45 (45mm thick) on top instead of the Stealth GT with just the pull only.  I’m trying to maximize as much radiator space as I can.  I will be moving around a lot in the next 2 years so I’m trying to make a small but powerful build, hence the m-atx.  Also thinking about adding a 120mm radiator to the rear… I mean, why not? 

I know there’s not much out there on this case but any input is appreciated.   Thanks!

If anyone was wondering what fans I planned on getting:

Front rad push = 2 x 140mm Cougar CF-V14HB (1200rpm)

Front rad pull = 2 x GTs AP-15 (1850rpm)

Top rad pull = 2 x 140mm Cougar CF-V14HB

I’m trying to create positive pressure to decrease dust, which gives me another reason (besides better temps) for the push/pull in the

front.  Also trying to make it as quiet as possible, so sacrificing some degrees is okay.

Ill be taking a bunch of pics tomorrow.. And will answer every question I can when I get off work

Ill be taking a bunch of pics tomorrow.. And will answer every question I can when I get off work

Thanks!!!  Appreciate it, plan on ordering everything by monday, bill's at $2700 right now  :(

fuck that. do yourself a favour and just get a 780. Not only will it beast the fuck out of a poorly optimised quad sli setup, you can use those rad's without jet engines cooling them. 

2011 is a "OMG LOOK IT'S EXPENSIVE, MUST HAZ LOL MY PARENTS ARE RICH" socket. go haswell if you want something that will allow you to balance out the full build better. 

Seriously man, you must have just looked up expensive parts and decided you wanted to put them in a tiny box.

You could put a 780 and a 4670k in a prodigy, watercool it and spend some quality time doing case mods and painting it and have a far more functional and better looking rig.

a 860w psu will be fine for a 780 and haswell but if you insist on that ludicrous setup, you'll need an AX1200i since its one of the most expensive PUS's out there and it'll fit in nicely with your break your/parents bank built.

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

690's are much higher draw cards than 780's. 

There's basically 4 680's on a dual 690 setup. An 860 would struggle with 2011 and 2 690's. Trust me. 

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

Thanks!!!  Appreciate it, plan on ordering everything by monday, bill's at $2700 right now   :(

280 will not fit in the front, push pull plus 80 mill wont fit. in my pic is a 60 mill. and no for the for the 45 mill,  a 30 with fans overlap the mother board just a bit. I think they intended on people using closed loop water cooling devices like the h100 on the top. ill get a ruler and port some pics for reference

and dual gtx 780s water cooled would be awesome. :)

wow, this is perfect! thanks so much! yea def gonna go with a black ice stealth gt at the top (or maybe an st30) and a ut60 in the front w/ push + pull. Maybe getting a monsta in the front (80mm thick) and going w/ just push is better? But by adding the pull, i get that positive pressure I wanted plus direct cooling of the gpus... too many decisions. Your setup looks damn nice tho!

Also wanna go with a mcp-655 + cylinder reservoir, kind of want to fit a phobya or bitspower 150ml (6"/7" in length respectively) at the bottom b/w the rad and the psu, but i doubt i can fit it either vertically or horizontally, so i'll probably have to go with the 80ml (2.5" length), but i really dont like the stubby look of the 80ml.

And about that rear 120mm rad, looks like i can fit it if I flip your top rad so the tubing enters/exits from the 5.25" bay area. I can maybe even fit a xt45 (45mm thick) rad in the rear w/ a single, pulling fan, but in reality will prob put another stealth GT there.

Its gonna be some tight tubing.

I was going to do a d5 pump with res top but there was no way it would fit for me. I had to buy the swift tech pump so I had some more room. the case is so much smaller than I though when I was planning the build luckily I got the case in and a couple parts before my main order. I was expecting to fit more stuff. :)

wow, this is perfect! thanks so much! yea def gonna go with a black ice stealth gt at the top (or maybe an st30) and a ut60 in the front w/ push + pull. Maybe getting a monsta in the front (80mm thick) and going w/ just push is better? But by adding the pull, i get that positive pressure I wanted plus direct cooling of the gpus... too many decisions. Your setup looks damn nice tho!

Also wanna go with a mcp-655 + cylinder reservoir, kind of want to fit a phobya or bitspower 150ml (6"/7" in length respectively) at the bottom b/w the rad and the psu, but i doubt i can fit it either vertically or horizontally, so i'll probably have to go with the 80ml (2.5" length), but i really dont like the stubby look of the 80ml.

And about that rear 120mm rad, looks like i can fit it if I flip your top rad so the tubing enters/exits from the 5.25" bay area. I can maybe even fit a xt45 (45mm thick) rad in the rear w/ a single, pulling fan, but in reality will prob put another stealth GT there.

also check out the corsair carbide air 540 as an option. its a cool case too

• 1 year later...

Love the SSD layout.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

What are all you're ssd's on?

Love the SSD layout.

Do you guys get that this is one year old build ?

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Yep. I've known.

Yep, Yep, just love the way the SSD's look and wanted to say how much it looks cool, that's all :). Seen that the thread got brought back up and did not notice the build from a year ago tell today after @ThatSweetGamer commented on it.

P.S. And this is not thread Necroing if that is what you are getting at.

As stated in the CoC: Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. Build logs are exempt from this rule.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

lololol

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB