3570k vs 8350 live streaming

Go to solution Solved by Above7heInfluence,

I might return my 3570k to microcenter and upgrade to a 3770k.

That's your best bet I think. Hyper threading will help you a lot, especially since OBS takes advantage of it. 

I currently have the 3570k but I'm not too pleased with the streaming results.  I know that there is the Teksyndicate video but the results in that video have been proven wrong so many times that I don't know what to do.  I use OBS and stream CS GO at 720p, should I switch to the 8350?

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

Why not just upgrade to a 3770k for multithreading? Would be about the same price as buying an 8350 and new motherboard (possibly cheaper) I'd imagine.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

I guess you'll get a bit better performance due to the extra cores on the 8350, but I think you'll be dissapointed in the boost you'll get. Rumor on the street is that 8 AMD cores = 5 Intel cores or something like that :P

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Maybe it is your GPU that you aren't satisfied with because I stream BF3 at ultra with Vsync'd 60fps at 720p/4k bitrate and I only use like 75% of my 3570k.

Why not just upgrade to a 3770k for multithreading? Would be about the same price as buying an 8350 and new motherboard (possibly cheaper) I'd imagine.

I already have an AMD 990fx motherboard.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

8350!

Why?  I need a good reason that isn't the fabricated results in the Teksyndicate video.

Fabricated results?

Almost all of the results have been proven wrong.

What's your gpu? The 3570k is a pretty decent cpu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What's your gpu? The 3570k is a pretty decent cpu.

660 ti with a crazy overclock.

660 ti with a crazy overclock.

It's probably your gpu. Getting a second 660 Ti should fix the problem.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I guess you'll get a bit better performance due to the extra cores on the 8350, but I think you'll be dissapointed in the boost you'll get. Rumor on the street is that 8 AMD cores = 5 Intel cores or something like that :P

That is about right! The 8350 is NOT a REAL 8 core. The 8 cores are like baby cores, resulting in something like a physical hyperthreading. (two baby cores share the load of Intel's one) You are not going to be buying a real 8 core if you go for the 8350.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

It's probably your gpu. Getting a second 660 Ti should fix the problem.

Yeah that might be the best option.

Why?  I need a good reason that isn't the fabricated results in the Teksyndicate video.

*Sigh*

Your raging on Tek syndikate just because of their test between the 8350 and the 3570k, right?

Well, if you are,Thats retarted. They got practically the same results as linus, from what i can remember.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

That is about right! The 8350 is NOT a REAL 8 core. The 8 cores are like baby cores, resulting in something like a physical hyperthreading. (two baby cores share the load of Intel's one) You are not going to be buying a real 8 core if you go for the 8350.

You're right, the 8350 s not a real 8 core processor. But it's not 8 baby cores like you said.

The 8350 has 4 physical cores, and 4 "logical" cores.

Basically. Each of the 4 amd cores are taking on 2 tasks at the same time, making it act like an 8 core chip.

I'm pretty sure it's called hyperthreading? But none the less.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT

Sorry i didn't read your whole comment, you basically said it right.

Edited by Ultimate_PIMP

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

You're right, the 8350 s not a real 8 core processor. But it's not 8 baby cores like you said.

The 8350 has 4 physical cores, and 4 "logical" cores.

Basically. Each of the 4 amd cores are taking on 2 tasks at the same time, making it act like an 8 core chip.

I'm pretty sure it's called hyperthreading? But none the less.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT

Sorry i didn't read your whole comment, you basically said it right.

Sorry you are wrong.

The architecture of the current FX series cpu's have 4modules/8cores. Each module has two cores in it. It is similar to hyperthreading but in a much less efficient way.

Sorry you are wrong.

The architecture of the current FX series cpu's have 4modules/8cores. Each module has two cores in it. It is similar to hyperthreading but in a much less efficient way.

Well, that's not what I've read. And on the side of the 8350's box it says 4 physical cores and 4 logical cores. I think your mixed up.

Well, that's not what I've read. And on the side of the 8350's box it says 4 physical cores and 4 logical cores. I think your mixed up.

Then you have read wrong, also I could care less what you think the side of the box says. Go read up on the bulldozer/piledriver architecture before you tell people how a CPU works.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-3.html

Don't get mad bro, it's what it says on the side of the box.

Guess you've never owned an 8350 before.

Then you have read wrong, also I could care less what you think the side of the box says. Go read up on the bulldozer/piledriver architecture before you tell people how a CPU works.

Don't get mad bro, it's what it says on the side of the box.

Guess you've never owned an 8350 before.

Where in my post did I sound aggressive or mad? Also what does me owning a 8350 have to do with how the architecture is designed. Follow the link I gave you and educate yourself for once in your life...

Yah, pretty much the whole post. 

I talked about you not having an 8350 because you said, "I could care less what you think the side of the box says"

If you had one then you would know that it was there.

Go for the 3770k. A YouTuber I regularly watch, JayzTwoCents, just changed back to Intel from the 8350 and I can tell you as a viewer that the quality of his streams has improved a great deal. Also check your internet connection, do some speed tests and try using XSplit, it will test your internet connection and set an optimal quality for streaming, your connection might not be enough to stream 720p video.

Good luck!

R.E.V.O.

Realise       Every       Victory      Outright

Almost all of the results have been proven wrong.

By who? Linus's results were nearly the same, except I believe Linus's tests the 3570k came out ahead, but he is SPONSORED by intel. I believe teksyndicate isn't sponsored by AMD or Intel. So in theory his results would be better and less biased.

Edit: I'm not trying to start drama between linus/logan, I'm just trying to figure out the whole story

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

By who? Linus's results were nearly the same, except I believe Linus's tests the 3570k came out ahead, but he is SPONSORED by intel. I believe teksyndicate isn't sponsored by AMD or Intel. So in theory his results would be better and less biased.

Edit: I'm not trying to start drama between linus/logan, I'm just trying to figure out the whole story

Linus doesn't change his results to be better for Intel, but Logan's tests contradict pretty much every other test out there.