Force game to use more Vram

HumbleRumble

been wondering about this for a long time and just got far cry 3. runs at 60 fps nearly constant (massive micro stutter though) but the popins are horrendous

been wondering about this for a long time and just got far cry 3. runs at 60 fps nearly constant (massive micro stutter though) but the popins are horrendous

It will only utilise what the engine was programmed to use

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The game will use as much vram as it needs.

Forcing it to use more vram will not improve anything at all.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

just accept it like all of us, your never going to use all of the 16gb of ram.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Good question, was curious about this myself. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It will only utilise what the engine was programmed to use

meh il take your word for it. speaking of how game engines work; i was standing in a particular spot and my frames dipped to 50 and was hanging around there for abit and then i ran the game in different resolutions and it didnt change. even tried the lowest and turned down a few settings. any idea whats that about