How To Buy From Out Of The Country?

So I have a few things (dont have the list with me) that i want to get but they are only sold/cheaper in say the UK and I live in the US, so if the company doesnt offer international shipping, how can i get it to the US? Is there a company that does that or do i have to ask or what? Thanks :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

So I have a few things (dont have the list with me) that i want to get but they are only sold/cheaper in say the UK and I live in the US, so if the company doesnt offer international shipping, how can i get it to the US? Is there a company that does that or do i have to ask or what? Thanks :D

Don't forget about import tax that would add on to your purchase price... But other than that I would just check on their website/call them up.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

You could try retailers that are willing to do international shipping.

but if it's just sold cheaper, won't the shipping cost destroys your budget anyway?

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

You could try retailers that are willing to do international shipping.

but if it's just sold cheaper, won't the shipping cost destroys your budget anyway?

Not if its WAY cheaper, like i found a filco keyboard that retails like $200 here for like $100-$130 there so ya, unless tax is like super high it will be worth it

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Indeed, import tax + shipping is gonna cost way more than buying it from the US. Some companies allow free international shipping though, but I don't know to what extend it's true.

that's the worrying part, because I tried buying XSPC's waterblock that the store I go to are currently out of stock with the stuff.

that thing is about 30% cheaper from out the country, yet the shipping and tax would kill me xD

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Not if its WAY cheaper, like i found a filco keyboard that retails like $200 here for like $100-$130 there so ya, unless tax is like super high it will be worth it

could you show us this good deal?! I'm in the market for any MK at the moment :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I doubt that the eventual cost will be less. Especially if you're importing from the UK to the US, the US is usually the cheaper country...

For example: if your keyboard costs 100 pounds = 155 dollars + shipping (let's say 20 dollars) + import tax (let's say 30 dollars) = 205 dollars in total.

You'll probably be better off if you find a retailer in the US (just send an e-mail to them and ask if they have that specific one)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Tariffs are much lower than you would think, only about 5%. That's lower than most local taxes in America. So importing is ok but you should try to buy from a retailer in your country.

Uhhh, Yeah I wanna see this deal too.

LOL! The amount of times I've had to buy something from the US because it's wayyy cheaper than Australia.. just... urrgh.

I always thought everything was cheaper in the US.

But yeah, I thought I would have to pay import taxes when I bought my stuff but I didn't. It was just the item + shipping costs.

As long as size and weight aren't that big, shipping shouldn't cost too much.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Yes please tell us where you can get a Filco for less than £65, cheapest I could find works out at $150 (£95) and that's direct from the EU supplier.

Apparently they discontinued direct supplies to the US so that would explain the price difference, but I honestly think you would be paying near enough the same price after shipping, and you are limited on returns and warranty etc.

Import sites, if you want UK stuff in the US, best bet is amazon.uk :P
uncle goes there and gets most of his stuff there, and he lives in Canada

for canadians who are shopping thru US dealers always ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get shipping via USPS and never UPS or FEDEX. ups and fedex have been known and have charged me up to 50% brokerage fees this is an import fee of dealing with and signing a couple pages of papers to clear things at the border and nothing to do with a tariff, duty or import tax. it is a completely bogus and bullshit charge and is extortion.

if you live near the border or are planning on making a trip through the border there are mailbox services. I've had car parts delivered to "at the border storage" using their adress across the border for things to be delivered and drive across and pick things up and take care of things that way. they only charge a couple bucks every week or 2. very worth it if you know you are on the way through or else the cost of fuel will eat through any savings.

tldr UPS and FEDEX will screw you over