Ubisoft renames company 'Holes' after digging too much

After the launch of AC:Unity, i decided to check out people's reactions to the hilarious glitches and whatnot going on in the game. I wanted to see if people enjoyed the game and could get past these issues as i was skeptical about how the graphics might turn out.

However, when i came to the front page this morning, i was pleasantly surprised and laughed, hard. :lol:

post-36925-0-64958800-1415989462_thumb.j

Classic Ubisoft digging. They should just rename their company to 'Holes'. At least people might understand why they can't produce a solid game anymore.

Q3OjVSu.gif

So what do you guys think, did Ubisoft shoot themselves in the foot for the last time? Are they going to fix the ongoing "30fps, 900p is best for gamers" bullshit?

Personally, i've always liked Assassin's Creed games, but after playing the early Beta for the Crew and seeing the shitty leaked photos of AC:Unity + all the glitches and whatnot now, it's getting harder and harder to say screw it and buy the games like they are.

Topic 1 - @jameyscott

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250283-ubisoft-blames-amd-for-performance-issues-in-ac-unity/

Topic 2 - @thewhitestig
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250238-assassins-creed-unity-xb1-version-has-better-textures-than-the-pc/

Topic 3 - @ObscureMammal
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250134-ubisoft-responds-to-low-frame-rates-in-assassins-creed-unity/

Topic 4 - @ThyFeared
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250110-ac-unitys-frame-rate-issues-resolved-by-this-embarrassingly-simple-fix/

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

After the launch of AC:Unity, i decided to check out people's reactions to the hilarious glitches and whatnot going on in the game. I wanted to see if people enjoyed the game and could get past these issues as i was skeptical about how the graphics might turn out.

ubisoft i have a message for you 

post-66400-0-68650100-1414540468.gif
Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

And the circlejerking continues

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I guess its one way to get peoples attention

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

And the circlejerking continues

Remember when people didn't buy things they don't like? 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I guess its one way to get peoples attention

But it's not "good" attention. It reflects so poorly on their game devs and whatnot.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

But it's not "good" attention. It reflects so poorly on their game devs and whatnot.

Bad publicity is better than no publicity

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

:(

I like ubisoft, but they are literately digging a hole, and annoying their customers. It's a shame really.

I still play watch_dogs. I hope ubisoft get their act together soon.

Bad publicity is better than no publicity

I strongly disagree with that. Bad publicity = bad game = bad sales long term if not fixed.

:(

I like ubisoft, but they are literately digging a hole, and annoying their customers. It's a shame really.

I still play watch_dogs. I hope ubisoft get their act together soon.

I hope they do as well. HUGE franchises such as Assassin's Creed shouldn't suffer because a company is running it into the ground.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

However, when i came to the front page this morning, i was pleasantly surprised and laughed, hard. :lol:

attachicon.gifUbisoft.jpg

Classic Ubisoft digging. They should just rename their company to 'Holes'. At least people might understand why they can't produce a solid game anymore.

So what do you guys think, did Ubisoft shoot themselves in the foot for the last time? Are they going to fix the ongoing "30fps, 900p is best for gamers" bulls#%t?

Personally, i've always liked Assassin's Creed games, but after playing the early Beta for the Crew and seeing the shitty leaked photos of AC:Unity + all the glitches and whatnot now, it's getting harder and harder to say screw it and buy the games like they are.

Topic 1 - @jameyscott

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250283-ubisoft-blames-amd-for-performance-issues-in-ac-unity/

Topic 2 - @thewhitestig

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250238-assassins-creed-unity-xb1-version-has-better-textures-than-the-pc/

Topic 3 - @ObscureMammal

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250134-ubisoft-responds-to-low-frame-rates-in-assassins-creed-unity/

Topic 4 - @ThyFeared

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250110-ac-unitys-frame-rate-issues-resolved-by-this-embarrassingly-simple-fix/

Can't believe I got on the front page :D

I strongly disagree with that. Bad publicity = bad game = bad sales long term if not fixed.

No publicity = no sales at all

kIicRdO.jpg

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I think the next thing ubisoft will be telling us is 15fps is great for gaming & 720p is better than 1080p, yeah think of it as having sex under the bed it's much more exciting experience as one of their PR team will tell us with a smile on his face

post-154698-0-49237700-1415991023.jpg

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

No publicity = no sales at all

Word of mouth, in my opinion, is strongly then a publicity campaign. Gamers only play games that are good, solid games (occasionally broken ones) that other people enjoy playing.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

I think the next thing ubisoft will be telling us is 15fps is great for gaming & 720p is better than 1080p, yeah think of it as having sex under the bed it's much more exciting experience as one of their PR team will tell us with a smile on his face

Your profile picture is incredibly appropriate for this topic.

"Look guys, I'm running a joke into the ground!"

kIicRdO.jpg

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

People don't know how to vote with their wallets anymore. They buy games they know will be bad and then complain about them. I guarantee we will see forum posts here about how bad Unity was for weeks. Look at BF4, nobody liked it at launch and still everyone bought it.

People don't know how to vote with their wallets anymore. They buy games they know will be bad and then complain about them. I guarantee we will see forum posts here about how bad Unity was for weeks. Look at BF4, nobody liked it at launch and still everyone bought it.

I think it's the fact that everyone feels like they are missing out on a shitty game and want to be included, not so much about "f#@k it, i'll buy it anyways".

Me personally, i like the franchise and i want to buy it, but it seems pointless if it's being called a piece of shit.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Word of mouth, in my opinion, is strongly then a publicity campaign. Gamers only play games that are good, solid games (occasionally broken ones) that other people enjoy playing.

"Gamers only play games that are good" If that statement was true, there wouldn't be any complaints about AC because no one would have bought it.

"Gamers only play games that are good" If that statement was true, there wouldn't be any complaints about AC because no one would have bought it.

There is always that guy who will buy it.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

There is always that guy who will buy it.

There's a whole lot of those "guys" then

There's a whole lot of those "guys" then

Well of course. Once the first guy does it, the rest of his dumb friends will have to buy it too.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

I think it's the fact that everyone feels like they are missing out on a shitty game and want to be included, not so much about "f#@k it, i'll buy it anyways".

Me personally, i like the franchise and i want to buy it, but it seems pointless if it's being called a piece of shit.

Well the problem with both of those mentalities is Ubisoft knows it can make a shit game and people will keep buying it anyway. If people don't buy their games (if people just didn't buy their new titles) then Ubisoft would have to rethink their development strategy and Ubisoft would have to give you what you want or else you wouldn't buy it. But people are stupid so they buy it anyway and nothing changes because Ubisoft doesn't have to change to make money.