NVIDIA please...

Spev

Upon further investigation with my ShadowPlay problem, I noticed this....

System requirements for Shadow play: http://gyazo.com/bb959d6451a82e7fb74ef509dffd9d90

My system specs: http://gyazo.com/ff6abc1767df4efce5665445dfec2ff5

What in the heck....how does my i7 not meet the compatibility requirements of an i3? It looks like the CPU doesn't have a green check next to it, does it not think I meet the requirements?........

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

It's not like GeForce Experience would be incompatible with Nehalem processors, for sure.

Very weird.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Or re-installing geforce exp

I have reinstalled Geforce probably 15 times in the past 24 hours lol. As well as all the drivers, now I'm going through old drivers as recomended by NVIDIA support..

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

It states it requires a 2nd gen i3 therefore 2xxx series and above this may be why your i7 980 doesn't meet the requirements.

CPU : i7 4960x @4.21ghz | Motherboard : MSI X79A-GD45 Plus ATX LGA2011 Motherboard | RAM : 32Gb @1600mhz Patriot Viper Red | GPU : Sapphire 7970 OC | Case : Cooler Master Centurion | Storage : 256Gb HyperX SSD + 2TB Seagate SSHD | PSU : Corsair GS800W | Display(s) : Acer B276HULA 27" 1440p + EDGE10 21.5" 1080p | Cooling : Corsair H110 | Keyboard : Corsair K95 | Mouse : Corsair M65 | Sound : Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Operating System : Win 7 Ult 64Bit

It states it requires a 2nd gen i3 therefore 2xxx series and above this may be why your i7 980 doesn't meet the requirements.

Unfortunately, this could be true.  That i7 has aged quite a bit...

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

Unfortunately, this could be true.  That i7 has aged quite a bit...

I mean damn...you're telling me a 2014 i3 can process something like that better than a 2011 i7?

The NVIDIA support tech just said my i7 is compatible...but maybe he isn't very knowledgeable or just assumes it's compatible cause it's an "i7" and doesn't know it might be old?

Edit: I'm going to be building a new PC soon anyways...how do I make sure my CPU will be compatible? I'm planning on a 4790k

I mean damn...you're telling me a 2014 i3 can process something like that better than a 2011 i7?

The NVIDIA support tech just said my i7 is compatible...but maybe he isn't very knowledgeable or just assumes it's compatible cause it's an "i7" and doesn't know it might be old?

Edit: I'm going to be building a new PC soon anyways...how do I make sure my CPU will be compatible? I'm planning on a 4790k

since the cpu has to be Ix 2xxx or higher it will be compatible

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

Its not that the i3 is faster, or better, but more the fact that that they have to do the extra coding to make it compatible for a gen of cpu that they don't feel enough people use or something like that... 

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Its not that the i3 is faster, or better, but more the fact that that they have to do the extra coding to make it compatible for a gen of cpu that they don't feel enough people use or something like that... 

Hmm, so what you're saying is my CPU is fine, but NVIDIA is like nah, we don't have time to make it so older CPUs work with our program?

Hmm, so what you're saying is my CPU is fine, but NVIDIA is like nah, we don't have time to make it so older CPUs work with our program?

I'm sure it's not that simple, but my CPU knowledge is too limited to know what the proper rasons are. It could be that the i3-2100 has an integrated GPU, while the i7-980 does not, or perhaps Geforce Experience uses the AVX instructions sets which are not supported by the i7-980 but are supported by the i3-2100.

But either way, if you're going to be upgrading to an i7-4790K that's definitely compatible and a high end card at that. Too much for gaming, but great for gaming + other stuff.

I'm sure it's not that simple, but my CPU knowledge is too limited to know what the proper rasons are. It could be that the i3-2100 has an integrated GPU, while the i7-980 does not, or perhaps Geforce Experience uses the AVX instructions sets which are not supported by the i7-980 but are supported by the i3-2100.

But either way, if you're going to be upgrading to an i7-4790K that's definitely compatible and a high end card at that. Too much for gaming, but great for gaming + other stuff.

I do think it's something to do with "Eh, support the newer stuff because that makes more sense or something..."

But if you don't need your i7 by now...

Well.

Hmm.

I know somebody that could use it, even if it's 3 years old  :ph34r:

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Exactly, good thing you're building new rig in the next few weeks, right? I heard a lot of people are having issues with ShadowPlay.

Works fine for this guy on an i7-930

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Exactly, good thing you're building new rig in the next few weeks, right? I heard a lot of people are having issues with ShadowPlay.

Works fine for this guy on an i7-930

Smfh.....figures. That just seriously makes no sense to me.....

Not to be technical, but a CPU isn't really a card.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Not to be technical, but a CPU isn't really a card.

I noticed that after I posted and couldn't be bothered editing =P Too used to talking about GPUs.

I noticed that after I posted and couldn't be bothered editing =P Too used to talking about GPUs.

It happens to me sometimes too.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah I had this Problem too. After I updated the driver, ShadowPlay no longer worked. I was using it like a week ago. And I would like it back. I have a i7 860. So This sucks sooo much.

This is his main thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250332-help-with-nvidia-installation/#entry3432457

He's tried everything and it came down to an incompatible CPU. This and the linked thread are pretty much done now, he's made other threads about building a new computer and incompatible hardware won't be a problem.