I Pre Ordered ACU...

James Brockhurst

I still have time to get an instant refund or should I wait it out and hope they might fix the really bad bugs?

They won't fix it. You don't release stuff in the state it's in if you give a shit.

It is an Ubisoft product.  Cancel it.  They don't deserve your money. If you have to have the game buy it in some cheap crap sale way later on where they make next to nothing off it.  Better yet buy it used for console and play it or rent it from a video store and play it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Refund immediately. Remember the Watch Dogs problems that Ubi never fixed? Same deal with AC:U. They don't give a damn, so you shouldn't give them your money.

Git Gud.

I am disappointed I was so hyped for this, it was mean to be awesome..

Ubisoft told you it would be awesome, but we all know that Ubisoft thinks that awesome == steaming pile of shit. Don't buy into hype for a yearly release game that gets rushed out for a holiday release after the last major game from the publisher was also a technical failure.

Git Gud.

PLEASE REFUND IMMEDIATELY! I don't think anything more needs to be said.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Do I go for Far Cry instead or should I just pump another 50 into Star Citizen?

Do I go for Far Cry instead or should I just pump another 50 into Star Citizen?

Go to steam, ignore ubisoft games, enjoy :)

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Am I the only one who still likes Assassin's Creed and Far Cry? I mean I haven't played Unity due to the performance of my current machine but I like the series.

Am I the only one who still likes Assassin's Creed and Far Cry? I mean I haven't played Unity due to the performance of my current machine but I like the series.

We all like the series, thats why we are so disappointed with this unplayable mess.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

They won't fix it. You don't release stuff in the state it's in if you give a shit.

Refund immediately. Remember the Watch Dogs problems that Ubi never fixed? Same deal with AC:U. They don't give a damn, so you shouldn't give them your money.

they DID fix watchdogs, go play it

I can run it at 70+ fps not dipping under 60 with no stuttering or dropping frames even when driving fast.  all graphics settings maxed out except AA second from highest and ambient occlusion on ssao

I understand ubisoft hate, but don't start talking out of your ass just cause you hate them.  chances are they'll fix ACU, it may take a long time, but they'll prolly get there.  or maybe not a long time cause of all the sh*tty press they're getting for how crappy it is, even their stock took a dip

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

nope, I like it too.  I haven't played ACU more than 5 mins cause power went out at my house and I don't wanna run my pc off the fluctuating power of a generator

Although FC2 has a few bugs where it can get stuck at a certain point in the game and just not let you progress anymore, thats what happened to me.  Ubisoft never fixed that.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Refund you can buy it when its fixed.

Although FC2 has a few bugs where it can get stuck at a certain point in the game and just not let you progress anymore, thats what happened to me.  Ubisoft never fixed that.

^This. Stopped me playing it entirely.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I am disappointed I was so hyped for this, it was mean to be awesome..

You can always purchase it later if they fix it enough to become worthwhile.

In my opinion, Assassin's Creed has been on the rails to mediocrity for a long time. Black Flag looked like it might shake it up a bit, but even that had the samey, too-easy combat and lack of any real innovation. Even if Unity worked, I'd still be utterly uninterested. Then there's the matter of English accents in a game set in the French Revolution…

Far Cry is still alright, but I'm starting to see it become very formulaic. Far Cry 3 was dangerously similar to Far Cry 2, in my opinion.

You deserve the demise.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Cancel your pre-order and never pre-order anything again. Why give your money away before you've even seen the product yourself? Games aren't made in limited supplies. Just wait a couple of weeks after a games launch to see what patches and fixes are launched. I find the pre-order thing very odd. Free digital crap for buying a game blindly. No other industry does this. Imagine:

"See these trainers (sneakers) that we put in a flashy video showing just key parts of them? They are going to be awesome. In fact you should pre-order a pair. If you do pre-order, you also get a set of extra yellow laces! Do it now!"

Then trainers arrive and are made with tissue paper insoles. And you never really use the extra laces anyway because they offer nothing significant over the standard laces. lol

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Refund you can buy it when its fixed.

This.

Plus, there's a fairly decent chance that you can buy the game discounted somewhere if/when they eventually fix everything.

Eject430.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Saw this in an IGN comment section. Just goes to show how far and how quickly Ubisoft are falling. 

post-72122-0-36562700-1415913217_thumb.j

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

They said this for months about watchdogs. Never did become optimized or stable

Spoiler

Far Cry 3 was dangerously similar to Far Cry 2, in my opinion.

really? other than both being FPS games, how so?

FC2 didn't have an XP points system that gained you more skills, there was no looting, no crafting, no outposts to capture...  side missions were very minimal (if at all, I'm having trouble remembering if there were any)

now from what I've seen of FC4, it looks very similar to FC3.  but FC2 was considerably different.  I'd even say FC2 was closer to FC1 than FC3 from a gameplay standpoint...

Like I've said before (not to you), I understand wanting to be a member of the rapidly growing ubisoft hate club, but don't go making up reasons that just aren't there.  there are plenty of real reasons to hate them for

They said this for months about watchdogs. Never did become optimized or stable

like I've already pointed out in this thread, go try it (watchdogs) again.  I runs great now.  if you want details find my other post in this thread (there's also a very similar post in another thread from me)