I Pre Ordered ACU...

James Brockhurst

like I've already pointed out in this thread, go try it (watchdogs) again.  I runs great now.  if you want details find my other post in this thread (there's also a very similar post in another thread from me)

I will give it a go, but that doesn't make up for the time it took to get there. It really upsets me that releasing broken games is now the norm, and gamers increasingly are happy to accept that a broken game will be fixed later.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I will give it a go, but that doesn't make up for the time it took to get there. It really upsets me that releasing broken games is now the norm, and gamers increasingly are happy to accept that a broken game will be fixed later.

you make a solid point.  I'm hoping ubisoft gets to this one a big quicker, if anything, just cause of how big of a deal it is.  there wasn't nearly as much noise about watchdogs when it just launched...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I'd get a refund. That way if they don't fix it, your safe and if they do fix it you can just rebuy it if you want to.

Yes I am going to the store today to say I do not want an unpolished turd, it upsets me as a I work in software development myself and it just worries me they could push something as bad as it is to a customer base as big as it is.

no outposts to capture...

I think your memory of Far Cry 2 is a bit hazy. That game had a huge number of outposts to capture. You need only count the white circles on the game map: http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/-=franchise=-/Far_Cry/2/images/maps/Far%20Cry%202%20-%20map.jpg

As I recall, the UFLL, APR, your buddy, and the priest in Pala sent you on numerous side missions. You are correct about the crafting and skills system being absent, but as those were some of the worst and most awkwardly implemented systems in Far Cry 3 I tend to block them out of my mind. :P

If you disregard the names for a moment, the original Far Cry is the precursor to the Crysis series. It's the only one developed by Crytek, the only one that uses the Cry Engine, and bears almost no resemblance to Ubisoft Montreal's Far Cry franchise since.

I think your memory of Far Cry 2 is a bit hazy. That game had a huge number of outposts to capture. You need only count the white circles on the game map: http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/-=franchise=-/Far_Cry/2/images/maps/Far%20Cry%202%20-%20map.jpg

As I recall, the UFLL, APR, your buddy, and the priest in Pala sent you on numerous side missions. You are correct about the crafting and skills system being absent, but as those were some of the worst and most awkwardly implemented systems in Far Cry 3 I tend to block them out of my mind. :P

If you disregard the names for a moment, the original Far Cry is the precursor to the Crysis series. It's the only one developed by Crytek, the only one that uses the Cry Engine, and bears almost no resemblance to Ubisoft Montreal's Far Cry franchise since.

After racking my brain, you're right, there were outposts... But they weren't anything like outposts in FC3, you only had to kill a few guys... And other than having a safe house in that location, I don't recall any advantage to capturing them

Weren't the UFLL and air the main missions? I guess you're right about the buddy system and the priest, but those side missions were completely meaningless, provided no advantage to doing them other than a bit more money.

I know FC1 and 2 are on different engines, but the games felt somewhat similar... Pretty linear... Even though 2 was an open world game it still felt very linear, I never felt like going exploring to see what I could find, never came across anything interesting on the way to a mission. Also didn't like the fact that there was no fast travel, it made the game unnecessarily long.

I guess the biggest difference for me was the level of enjoyment between the 3. I had much more fun playing 3 than I did 1 and 2.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's