Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI in Corsair Carbide 300r Windowed?

hal9001
Go to solution Solved by hal9001,

Here: http://goo.gl/eCDkNp

If you look at this picture, you can see that there is a 120MM fan mount (the unfiltered holes, with four screws around it) and to the left of that fan mount there are two screws that release the front most drive cage.

Thanks (:

I have already installed my first G1 and plan on ordering a second one for the holidays (I'm going 5760x1080 GSync surround). 

Anyways, I had no problem fitting the card into the first Pcie slot. It had plenty of room to stretch its legs in the right side of my case. What's misleading though, about Corsair's GPU length specifications, is that the 450mm limit only applies the first card. Others in the lower slots will be obstructed and or won't fit if they are the size of the G1 or longer. So I tried to put first card that I received into the second slot, but it simply wouldn't fit. I plan on placing it in the third slot, which will be an even greater issue when trying to get it to fit. 

Question: Can I remove the hard drive cages from the bottom right hand side of the case (viewing it from the window perspective) and if so, what tools will the removal require?

I have an SSD and only an SSD as my boot and storage drive so a "ghetto" mounting solution is possible if I remove the bays that it's housed in. 

The Card is 312mm in length or 12.3 inches if that helps.

I didn't know where to post this, so I put it in the Case/PSU sub-forum as well as the GPU sub-forum.

Edited by hal9001

I believe that it's possible to unscrew the bottom drive cage from the bottom of the case, most likely with a phillips head screwdriver. At least, that's how it is on my case (760T)

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

My guess is that you can't remove the bottom-est drive cage. This is based solely on pictures where I can't find it removed entirely in any build.

If you could though, it would, at most, require a Phillips head.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I believe that it's possible to unscrew the bottom drive cage from the bottom of the case, most likely with a phillips head screwdriver. At least, that's how it is on my case (760T)

Thanks for the reply. Can you provide pictures?

Thanks for the reply. Can you provide pictures?

Here: http://goo.gl/eCDkNp

If you look at this picture, you can see that there is a 120MM fan mount (the unfiltered holes, with four screws around it) and to the left of that fan mount there are two screws that release the front most drive cage. 

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

Here: http://goo.gl/eCDkNp

Thanks (: