air conditioning problem

farhanorakzai

my room is the only room in the house that is really hot. the ac works fine in the other rooms. the temp in the house is at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and it feels like 82 in my room. i checked and nothing is broken, what could be causing this?

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

you and your computer generating heat?? Compared to other rooms that don't have so much heat generation ? 

Good insulation ?

open a window??

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Clean the vents. 

The dust is likely blocking it.

Also it might be the position of your room where it just happens to receive sunshine more often. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

That's because you have a gateway to hell in your room and the heat is coming from the fire and brimstone. Have you noticed sulfur smell by any chance?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

my room is the only room in the house that is really hot. the ac works fine in the other rooms. the temp in the house is at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and it feels like 82 in my room. i checked and nothing is broken, what could be causing this?

It's probably due to the amount of heat outputting electronics in the room, when most of the house is 20C the computer room I'm in is >25C usually on a warm summers day. Also it may be your location of the room where the air needs to travel further from the furnace fan to get to the computer room

Central air? Do you have a return vent in your room? If not, do you keep your door closed? Lots of factors.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

You want ac? Haha its 11 degrees (-11 degrees celcius) here! xD

As to your issue, put a fan in your room.

Central air? Do you have a return vent in your room? If not, do you keep your door closed? Lots of factors.

central air, and yes i have a vent and the door is closed

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

You want ac? Haha its 11 degrees (-11 degrees celcius) here! xD

As to your issue, put a fan in your room.

i have 2 fans in here

central air, and yes i have a vent and the door is closed

Just to make sure you have two vents one return and one output, if you don't have a return and tend to leave the door closed not much cool air will come out of the vent since it's basically trying to pressure the room when there is no return.

It's probably just your computer. I have the same problem.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Just to make sure you have two vents one return and one output, if you don't have a return and tend to leave the door closed not much cool air will come out of the vent since it's basically trying to pressure the room when there is no return.

i only have 1 vent in here

i only have 1 vent in here

Yeah that might be the problem, there should be a vent that takes the air from that room back to the furnace's fan so the colder air coming from the A/C will have somewhere to go and since the door is closed it has difficulty brining in enough cold air, it's kind of like your cardiovascular system where you need to supply oxygenated blood but also have a way to bring back the blood that needs fresh oxygen.

Check to see if there are return vents in the other rooms, some older homes didn't have that kind of system installed in every single room, usually just in the hallways. The returns are usually a large grill on walls near the floor or up high on a wall, the ones in the floor are for supplying the A/C. The easiest solution is to keep the door open for better airflow.

Think of your room as a giant computer case. You're trying to keep a sealed case cool through a straw.