Just starting

WeaponMaster

I would like to start programming. However i don't know which language to learn first. Eventually I would like to get into game and app development. If you have any suggestions to which language i should learn please respond. Thanks!

I would like to start programming. However i don't know which language to learn first. Eventually I would like to get into game and app development. If you have any suggestions to which language i should learn please respond. Thanks!

Java and C++ are usually the entry-level languages. 

Javascript as well 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Javascript as well 

Javascript isn't really relevant for "game and app development." Assuming by "app" he means phone app (commonly coupled with games.) C++ and Java, are right, though.

Javascript as well 

Seconded for C++ (specifically C++ 11). I'd also recommend Python & C#.

You will also likely find it beneficial to look at technologies such as  WPF, TPL & Async. The MVVM design pattern should also serve you very well. Plus gaining an understanding of other design patters in general and also good object oriented principals and concepts.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

From my experience, learn Java. It has the most questions and answers, and it works across every platform. Every skill you learn with java will help in other languages, such as C#. It's by far the best language to learn.

I might be wrong.

Python -> Java -> C

Each step brings you closer to the metal so to say.  Looking back at it, APCS should not make you use Java, it's a terrible language for beginners because the first day it literally sits you down in front of 

public class HelloWorld

{

public static void main (String[] args) <----- and tells you to just ignore this part until they teach it later

{

System.out.println("Hello World");

}

}

meanwhile in Python

def hello():

print('Hello World') # see what I mean?

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Depends on what platform you want to make these games and apps on. But I would recomend a language like Java for Andriod app development and games.

I'd learn Java. You don't need to worry about memory management which makes it easier to learn at first. But don't let the conveniencce of Garbage Collection scare you away from C++!! Which you should most definately learn next. Or any other flavor of C for that matter.. Objective-C, C, C++, any would do. C++ is really only used for games and scientific programs.

i learn python to start ( awesome programming language) - i ercommend learning it to to start

I have notice i see that SWIFT the  new programming language of apple is based on python ( some of the code) - so since you want to create apps i recommend you starting with python learning good have a good expirience with it and then you can continue lets say with java

Javascript as well 

Oh god, do not start with Javascript. Trying to debug in a browser is really annoying.

I'd recommend C++ or C. They're basically the same if you don't do anything fancy. You can do them without having to mess with an irritating IDE or confusing APIs.