Assassin's Creed: Unity performance on PC

christianled59

I can upscale to almost 2K and it's totally playable with a controller, probably runs at about 40-45fps (I haven't tested it properly). I think this is to be expected with the high NPC count.

I think that the people reporting that the game only runs at 20-30fps on a GTX 980 have outdated software.

Disclaimer: I think the game has massive issues that need to be addressed and are totally unacceptable, but the graphics engine is actually really beautiful imo and it shouldn't be receiving the level of criticism that it is.

One more thing: the thing about FXAA looking better is to do with the fact that far away objects appear very jaggy when using MSAA but smooth using FXAA and I find FXAA overall a more pleasant look than the jaggies that occur on far-off objects when using MSAA. For closer objects, MSAA looks better, but it's a trade-off and I prefer FXAA overall.

Its not outdated software THATS IT. We need patches from ubisoft.

With latest amd beta driver running steady 30 fps with everything low but didnt try to max it out. Probably still glitched and the fps wouldnt change.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Its not outdated software THATS IT. We need patches from ubisoft.

With latest amd beta driver running steady 30 fps with everything low but didnt try to max it out. Probably still glitched and the fps wouldnt change.

I wouldn't expect the game to run that well on an R9 270.

I wouldn't expect the game to run that well on an R9 270.

Well its true. The beta drivers are good. Its not even dropping below 30FPS - its ~33-ish.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.