Far Cry 4

wyatt1121

I was looking at the Game Debate website at the PC requirements for Far Cry 4. I have an AMD FX 4100 and Game Debate says that my CPU isn't good enough. However, I can run BF4 at medium to high settings and it runs just fine. Any opinions on if I should be fine to run it on at least medium settings. 

I was looking at the Game Debate website at the PC requirements for Far Cry 4. I have an AMD FX 4100 and Game Debate says that my CPU isn't good enough. However, I can run BF4 at medium to high settings and it runs just fine. Any opinions on if I should be fine to run it on at least medium settings. 

Should be fine, can it run far cry 3? if so, its the same engine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

System requirements generally read like they were written up by a marketing department. They are always full of non-specifics and inconsistencies. As said above, if you can run Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 should be similar, though maybe incrementally more demanding.

The safest way to go would be to wait till it gets benchmarked, but I suspect it would run alright.

I think it would be alright, but I'd wait for benchmarks before you buy it. It's a Ubisoft game, so you never know what the optimization is like.

As people mentioned above -  wait for reviews and benchmarks

BF4 is a way more efficient (and AMD friendly) game than FC3. FC4 brings even more punishing features like PCSS.

I have a 7950 and stay above 40fps in BF4 with all the on screen action, @1440, ultra and 2X MSAA.

If you have a AMD GPU with that FX 4100, I wouldn't even try buying FC4, not worth your money. There may be some workarounds that will let you play the game but I don't think it will be worth it. This is what I get in FC3, ultra and maxed out, patched and latest drivers, just replayed it a few days ago:

farcry3_d3d112014-11-eiur4.png

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I have an Radeon 7850 GPU and 8GB of RAM. I'm thinking it should be fine on medium and some high settings. I don't know what FPS I got in FC3 but it should be similar to FC4

BF4 is a way more efficient (and AMD friendly) game than FC3. FC4 brings even more punishing features like PCSS.

I have a 7950 and stay above 40fps in BF4 with all the on screen action, @1440, ultra and 2X MSAA.

If you have a AMD GPU with that FX 4100, I wouldn't even try buying FC4, not worth your money. There may be some workarounds that will let you play the game but I don't think it will be worth it. This is what I get in FC3, ultra and maxed out, patched and latest drivers, just replayed it a few days ago:

You played fc3 with ~30 fps? 1440p is not worth it.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

You played fc3 with ~30 fps? 1440p is not worth it.

Well if  they dropped shadows and foliage down a level probably be sub 40, then not so bad. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well if  they dropped shadows and foliage down a level probably be sub 40, then not so bad. 

Still 1080P 60FPS > 1440P 40 FPS.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Still 1080P 60FPS > 1440P 40 FPS.

It's a matter of perspective really. A few will say 720p 60fps > 1080p 40fps and then some will say 1080p 40fps > 720p 60 fps. Entry barrier is higher with each step up but higher res pays off all the time. 3 people with 3 different tier monitors and 3 different tier video cards will give you 9 different answers.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I have *acquired* a copy of Far Cry 4. It is incredibly beautiful and runs great... it does stutter a little bit though in places. Overall it seems very optimized, even at QHD resolutions. Folks that can run FC3 should have no problems.

My system specs: 780Ti, 3570K i5 @ 4.2 Ghz, 32GB DDR3 

4K+ Resolution High Quality Space/Scifi Art: Starkiteckt.DeviantArt.com

I have *acquired* a copy of Far Cry 4. It is incredibly beautiful and runs great... it does stutter a little bit though in places. Overall it seems very optimized, even at QHD resolutions. Folks that can run FC3 should have no problems.

My system specs: 780Ti, 3570K i5 @ 4.2 Ghz, 32GB DDR3 

Considering you need to leave the AO to SSAO and not use anything higher for that game, you haven't exactly tested it at max... also, what kind of FPS are you talking at max? FC3 wouldn't even remain at 60fps on your machine at 1080p at max (including max AA), so if FC4 does it that means it's actually more optimized than the previous game. Which I will never believe because #Ubisoft.

Honestly OP, if you can grab a FX8350 for about $125 or so somewhere, it'll greatly improve your gaming performance and you could do this before buying newer games. The FX-4100 is really weak for gaming and such.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Considering you need to leave the AO to SSAO and not use anything higher for that game, you haven't exactly tested it at max... also, what kind of FPS are you talking at max? FC3 wouldn't even remain at 60fps on your machine at 1080p at max (including max AA), so if FC4 does it that means it's actually more optimized than the previous game. Which I will never believe because #Ubisoft.

50-60fps easily on high settings, much higher if you disable AA/Ambient Occlusion. It looks positively gorgeous even at lower settings, and at a certain point higher settings simply become irrelevant. Just make sure you have a decent card and you'll be in good shape. Again, just my initial impressions. 

50-60fps easily on high settings, much higher if you disable AA/Ambient Occlusion. It looks positively gorgeous even at lower settings, and at a certain point higher settings simply become irrelevant. Just make sure you have a decent card and you'll be in good shape. Again, just my initial impressions. 

Considering you have (give or take a few FPS) the strongest single GPU on the planet still, the fact that you have to turn down settings to get 50-60fps on a game at "high" graphics kind of screams unoptimization. What you mean is, the game scales down well. Crysis 2 and 3 scaled down REALLY well too. In fact, the whole cryengine 3 seems to scale down well, and the engine far cry uses is essentially a modified/dumbed-down cryengine 3.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Considering you have (give or take a few FPS) the strongest single GPU on the planet still, the fact that you have to turn down settings to get 50-60fps on a game at "high" graphics kind of screams unoptimization. What you mean is, the game scales down well. Crysis 2 and 3 scaled down REALLY well too. In fact, the whole cryengine 3 seems to scale down well, and the engine far cry uses is essentially a modified/dumbed-down cryengine 3.

Rough estimates only, I'm not conducting an in depth analysis. Just initial impressions. I did crank up all the settings to Ultra and it was indeed quite punishing. However, just as in Crysis 3, if you back off just a bit on some of the post-processing, the game doesn't lose much visual eye candy at all. Also with over 5 hrs in so far I've experienced no glitching or crashes-- I believe Ubisoft cashed all their chips in on this game to make it as polished as possible. Unity got the short end of the stick =P.

Rough estimates only, I'm not conducting an in depth analysis. Just initial impressions. I did crank up all the settings to Ultra and it was indeed quite punishing. However, just as in Crysis 3, if you back off just a bit on some of the post-processing, the game doesn't lose much visual eye candy at all. Also with over 5 hrs in so far I've experienced no glitching or crashes-- I believe Ubisoft cashed all their chips in on this game to make it as polished as possible. Unity got the short end of the stick =P.

No, I think you're lucky. A lot of people have had crashes and other issues with the game, and find it's pretty broken and brokenly optimized right now. Some people do that... for example I had 0 issues running-wise with CoD: Ghosts except for performance issues in Extinction mode even on launch day; doesn't mean others didn't have issues.

Can I play through the campaign with a friend, like do missions not just walk around?

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Don't buy Ubisoft games.  It is as simple as that.  Why would you bother right now after all they have done?  Stop giving them money til they give games that are worth it.  Don't give them money til they stop dumbing down pc graphics to please the console manufacturers.  If you have to play this game at launch rent it for console or do something else which I can't mention.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I played BF4 last night and got ~40 FPS on ultra settings.

I will be buying FC4. I am hoping some of the studderig issues are cleared up after a day 1 patch. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Think it would be worth it to wait till Black Friday next week for a higher CPU and the game to be on sale?