Tor Browser

RoyalistGamer

Tor is one of the best free software for online anonymity. I have repeatedly heard Tor in the news for about a year now and its good and bad points. It's good points for example are that it can be used by activists and allow people who have strong restrictions placed on their internet to access blocked websites such as Facebook and YouTube in countries such as China, Syria, Iran, North Korea etc. It's bad points are that it can be used by criminals such as drug dealers to sell drugs online (Silk Road) by using the Bitcoin online currency. Also, it can be used by pedophiles to download and trade images and videos of child abuse with low chances of being traced. I was wondering what is your opinion of Tor? If you need more information on it please Google it. 

Kind Regards,

RoyalistGamer

TOR needs to be blown into a million pieces, it is used by scum bags /thread.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

how? . I like TOR, is avoids my schools kid protection software. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Just create your own personal VPN and you can get past all restrictions in your work/school/college. No need for TOR, TOR is a great thing but is too slow for me.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

how? . I like TOR, is avoids my schools kid protection software. 

Learn to read the OP.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

To be honest, if you use tor, you use it of your own choice, whether that brings the attention of groups like the NSA to you or not. I personally don't use it, but I can see why people would want to use it and do use it, both for good and bad reasons.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

To be honest, if you use tor, you use it of your own choice, whether that brings the attention of groups like the NSA to you or not. I personally don't use it, but I can see why people would want to use it and do use it, both for good and bad reasons.

^^^ This!!

Learn to read the OP.

I did. But it is only 50% bad. I have my own VPN too, but it doesn't work at my school for some reason. You don't blow one thing up, because it has something bad to it. People send drugs via Mail, maybe we should blow up U.P.S

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

This is from Wikipedia:

The core principle behind Tor, "onion routing," was developed in the mid-1990s by U.S. Naval Research Laboratory employees mathematician Paul Syverson and computer scientists Michael Reed and David Goldschlag, with the purpose of protecting U.S. intelligence communications online. Onion routing was further developed by DARPA in 1997.

In December 2006, Dingledine, Mathewson and five others founded The Tor Project, a Massachusetts-based 501©(3) research-education nonprofit organization responsible for maintaining Tor. The EFF acted as The Tor Project's fiscal sponsor in its early years, and early financial supporters of The Tor Project included the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Internews, Human Rights Watch, the University of Cambridge, Google, and Netherlands-based Stichting.net.

The Tor Project says Tor's users include "normal people" who want to keep their internet activities private from websites and advertisers, people concerned about cyber-spying, users who are evading censorship such as activists and journalists, and military professionals.

I did. But it is only 50% bad. I have my own VPN too, but it doesn't work at my school for some reason. You don't blow one thing up, because it has something bad to it. People send drugs via Mail, maybe we should blow up U.P.S

Personally, i find it difficult to support the Tor Browser because its bad points are really just too bad and kind of over-weigh the good points about Tor.

please Google it. 

Hilarious indeed.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

#stupid

#stupid

#PEADO

52187-Picard-Facepalm-gif-nxOM.gif

mGHh3s7.gif

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Just to Notify you, Twitter and some other websites are known to contain quite a lot of child abuse images and videos. These websites do try their best to remove these but nobody can actually control the users of the internet. Getting rid of Tor will not get rid of Child abuse, instead criminals will find other ways to view it. This is the sad truth of this situation. 

Not to mention it's common knowledge that many exit nodes are compromised.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro