(URGENT) Corsair 200r Motherboard Standoff

BoBjAcKnJoE
Go to solution Solved by BoBjAcKnJoE,

nvm, it was the io shield. I didnt push it completely in on all the sides. now the motherboard's flush. Sorry for the hassle!

The very center motherboard standoff on the Corsair 200r case has something sticking out. how do I remove it? please reply quickly.

I think some pics would be helpful

Because he had a hard drive.

The very center motherboard standoff on the Corsair 200r case has something sticking out. how do I remove it? please reply quickly.

That's normal. It's just a little stud, it replaces the screw. Nothing to worry about, I have it on my C70 aswell. It holds the motherboard in place while you screw in the other screws.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

That's normal. It's just a little stud, it replaces the screw. Nothing to worry about, I have it on my C70 aswell. It holds the motherboard in place while you screw in the other screws.

however, when I stick in the motherboard through the io ports, that standoff does not go though the motherboard.

however, when I stick in the motherboard through the io ports, that standoff does not go though the motherboard.

You have to push the motherboard in the I/O plate direction so that the stud sticks through. It requires a bit a force, I too was worried the first time, but just give it some force and it will fit in.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

You have to push the motherboard in the I/O plate direction so that the stud sticks through. It requires a bit a force, I too was worried the first time, but just give it some force and it will fit in.

nope, pushed in as hard as I can and still cant stick through, I'm using the z97x-ud3h

nvm, it was the io shield. I didnt push it completely in on all the sides. now the motherboard's flush. Sorry for the hassle!