Linus' 3X 21:9 Curved 3440x1440 Monitors (10320x1440)

miyabwah

Can I has?

I feel I'd need to squint to see the edges, they're that far away

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

2x3 landscape with those would be amazing.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

2 R9 290X 8GB in Xfire.... :o

AMD may be sending a 3rd.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Too wide :( I would prefer a slightly taller portrait aspect even though if you could stack them up properly the last monitor would show the black bezel

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Are those R9 290X Vapor-x's O_________O ?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Too wide :( I would prefer a slightly taller portrait aspect even though if you could stack them up properly the last monitor would show the black bezel

then we need 6 of these

then we need 6 of these

Nah...I'd prefer a more square.ish ratio since there is enough pixel real estate.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Nah...I'd prefer a more square.ish ratio since there is enough pixel real estate.

when will you stop

@Toddwjp 3 is enough. @CatCloud 5 like in Linus's NCIX video showing off AMD's impressive eyefinity setup with the Vesta R1/6990?

@Toddwjp 3 is enough. @CatCloud 5 like in Linus's NCIX video showing off AMD's impressive eyefinity setup with the Vesta R1?

yea i know but i was just being stupid :P

34" 21:9 are the same height as a standard 16:9 27" monitor, just a bit wider horizontally, I think they were made at that size so they would fit beside a 27" imac or monitor for productivity users like myself as that's what i use at work.  Anyone else notice that all 3 are on 2 tables put together and still just about fit lol.

dayum Dayum DAYUMMMM

The bezels, they blend so perfectly...

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Need to angle them I found even using the 29 inch ones that my eyes just could not take that all in with out at least a 45 degree angle and still I have to rotate for the far screen edge work. But when setup as multiple desktop config its awesome!!! Middle screen for me is 2560x1440 IPS then offset by two 2560x1080 29". I am think on upgrade to larger 21:9 that have 1440p design that way the eyefinity would work better.

IMG_20141025_160820945.jpg

IMG_20141025_160749716.jpg

IMG_20141025_160810567.jpg

We can build it, we have the technology!

• 2 weeks later...

@Lanoi

How did you connect the monitors to the R9 290x? (DP > DP, HDMI > HDMI, DVI-D (through some adaptor) to HDMI)??

Im looking at a similar setup and have made 2 posts in the forums on here but still cant work out how it was done and what adaptor I would need (assuming 290x 8GB also)?

Thanks,

@Lanoi

How did you connect the monitors to the R9 290x? (DP > DP, HDMI > HDMI, DVI-D (through some adaptor) to HDMI)??

Im looking at a similar setup and have made 2 posts in the forums on here but still cant work out how it was done and what adaptor I would need (assuming 290x 8GB also)?

Thanks,

* Ignore duplicate posts *

* Sorry for triple post, I got an SQL error and it must have triple posted :( Cant find option to delete.