how to tell if your mobo is DOA?

Darkkmello

Hey everyone, I recently got a z87 saber-tooth and a 4770k and when I tried plugging everything in and pushing power absolutely nothing happens. I know I got the psu power on every things connected but nothing happens. If it would at least turn on and POST then maybe I could diagnose the problem more but I don't know what it is because both the CPU and Mobo are new, so I have no way of testing the mobo with a new CPU or CPU with a new mobo. Is it safe to assume that one of the 2 is DOA? If so is there anyway other then finding a another CPU/Mobo to try it with? If that's the case I should probably just RMA both the CPU and mobo to NCIX again.

Specs:

Z87 saber-tooth

7970 DD

seasonic X-750w

Define R4

Corsair 8gb ram

double check all connections again.

You can flash an asus bios easily if needed. .cap on a flash drive, push a button.

Have you put everything into the case already? We say to build it up on the mobo box before hand not just for fun but so that if there is a problem you don't have to tear the rig all apart.

Oh and standoffs. I know the R4 requires you to install all nine yourself beforehand...

Stand-by power LED? I think there is a post display on the new sabertooth too.. I know asus boards are more difficult than others to brick, you can find guides to fix almost everything on them... PSU testing is easy.

make sure your power switch is working (use a screwdriver or anything conductive to bridge the headers) also make sure your board isnt shorting out  (if there is any contact behind the mobo tray and such) these are the simple things you should check before  troubleshooting with spare parts.,,,,,

I did install in just on the mobo box like I learned and everything and still nothing happens. When I plug everything in that green light-bulb on the mobo lights up if that means anything. I use a screwdriver to touch the 2 pins together and still nothing happens. So I should find a place where I can buy a main-board speaker? But would that even work if it doesn't even try starting up? Will it still make an error sound?

you should get a speaker with your mainboard, if your board has no debug led, i have at least 5 lying around. Would be kind of  pathetic if they stopped shipping them..i mean they cost at least 20c! but you get a useless backside armor -.-

it's important that you only use mb/cpu/psu for the test, it could be your ram or something else that is broken. if it won't make a noise with the 3 parts you know one of them is broken. but if your hole system won't start it could be anything.

you should get a speaker with your mainboard, if your board has no debug led, i have at least 5 lying around. Would be kind of  pathetic if they stopped shipping them..i mean they cost at least 20c! but you get a useless backside armor -.-

it's important that you only use mb/cpu/psu for the test, it could be your ram or something else that is broken. if it won't make a noise with the 3 parts you know one of them is broken. but if your hole system won't start it could be anything.

I agree, but all I use is the mb/cpu/psu and nothing. I guess the best solution would be to RMA both the mb & CPU to ncix and hope that will fix it.