Cheap Lavalier Microphone

athesean1

So my friend (@alby800) and I need to get a lavalier mic for a youtube channel we are planning to launch later this year/early next year. We have a budget of $100-$150 aud

Thanks in advance for the recommendations

u wot m7+1

also any other mic that isn't a lavaliere mic is welcome for suggestions too!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

May I ask what type of content you're going to be making?

And, things like; If you're recording in a room, is there any noticeable echo, do you live by a street and would like to minimize traffic noise and the like, if the mic needs to be durable, etc.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

May I ask what type of content you're going to be making?

And, things like; If you're recording in a room, is there any noticeable echo, do you live by a street and would like to minimize traffic noise and the like, if the mic needs to be durable, etc.

It will be tech videos (kinda like linus, but different)

We are in a room but there is a lot of objects in there so it likely won't be echoey, it is kinda near a street so if it could block out road noise that is a plus

Thanks for the recommendation, that is the one that we are leaning towards

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

Thanks again, will take that one into consideration as well, although I am not sure if it would ship to AUS and if it is it would probably be expensive, but thanks

There is also the cheap option, which is the Neewer Lavalier Mic. I use it instead of a gaming headset mic, and it works pretty well, especially after tweaking with it in Adobe Audition. You can find videos of people using them on Youtube. Best part is that they are like $7 for a set of 5.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Zalman's Clip on is a cheap solution... Rode makes one but it's for iOS only... Antlion modmics could work depending on the type of youtube channelyou'd likely be using a pair of headphone anyway... Blue makes some decent microphones for decent costs...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Zalman's Clip on is a cheap solution... Rode makes one but it's for iOS only... Antlion modmics could work depending on the type of youtube channelyou'd likely be using a pair of headphone anyway... Blue makes some decent microphones for decent costs...

that was the one that we were gonna buy

u wot m7+1

that was the one that we were gonna buy

which one? I listed basically every possible thing I could think of that at that budget actually makes sense...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

which one? I listed basically every possible thing I could think of that at that budget actually makes sense...

He meant the smartlav+ we both have ios devices

He meant the smartlav+ we both have ios devices

ah I've had very little hands on experience with the Smartlav, but I have 3 friends who together run gaming youtube channels and 2 of them love it the other not so much he finds the app and the ios requirements and such to be a pain... And I know TimmyTechTV a tech channel friends with barnacules dislikes the app too and finds the lav to be a bit underwhelming for the price (look up his video) but JayzTwoCents uses it and finds it wonderful I owning no  iOS devices have only been able to use it twice for short bursts when working with my friends I mentioned earlier and find it "meh"   but that's without having paid for it, or extensively using it. just figured I'd bring that up...