Plans for Black and White Build!

louddifference

Note: some of these parts are carried over from my current build and are modified to fit this new theme.

Planned Specs:

i5-4670k

MSI Krait Mobo (inspiration for the whole build)

8Gb (may pickup 8 more when i build it) Kingston HyperX Ram with white heatsinks

MSI R9 270 with white accents 

Corsair H100i

NZXT S340 white

Corsair TX800w with cable extensions white, black or mix

Kingston 256Gb SSD

WD 1tb Blue drive

planned mods:

@Enderman 's S340 White carbon fibre wrap as seen here: (forum is bugging out for me and i cant get the link to stick when i finish editing) 

making a add on Mobo rear I/O Cover similar to this

151-HE-E999-KR_XL_7.jpg
evga_x99_micro.jpg

painting ram heatsinks white

painting the red stripe on the msi card white

what do you guys think about this? ill make sure to post it here when i build it.

also if i do it well ill post the add on rear i/o cover in the mods section with plans since it should fit any normal board.

I'm pretty sure that's an x99 board and Z87 won't work with that my good sir. You might want to make sure you're posting the right parts and the respective images to the post.

I'm pretty sure that's an x99 board and Z87 won't work with that my good sir. You might want to make sure you're posting the right parts and the respective images to the post.

what do you mean? the msi krait is z97 so its compatable with my 4670k

what do you mean? the msi krait is z97 so its compatable with my 4670k

I based that off of the pictures which is an X99 it was not after reading the specs again that i realize that it was a different mobo. Please use relevent pictures next time so people like me don't get confused.

I based that off of the pictures which is an X99 it was not after reading the specs again that i realize that it was a different mobo. Please use relevent pictures next time so people like me don't get confused.

it was a picture to show the I/O cover read the post

I recently built a black/white scheme using X99, take a look at the link to my build below.  The Krait should look good too.  In the S340 the SSDs mount on top of the Power Supply shroud too, just like my H440, so take a look at SKHynix White SSDs as an option to enhance the look. Performance is quite good and don't sweat the name, SKHynix have been in the memory business a long time, just never produced their own consumer hardware until now.

In my build, I think the white case was a bit much, should have gone for black with white accent bits inside, but the H440 doesn't come in that combination so I would've had to Frankenstein two cases to get the desired result.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/240893-building-the-surgeon-5960x-black-white-build/

I recently built a black/white scheme using X99, take a look at the link to my build below.  The Krait should look good too.  In the S340 the SSDs mount on top of the Power Supply shroud too, just like my H440, so take a look at SKHynix White SSDs as an option to enhance the look. Performance is quite good and don't sweat the name, SKHynix have been in the memory business a long time, just never produced their own consumer hardware until now.

In my build, I think the white case was a bit much, should have gone for black with white accent bits inside, but the H440 doesn't come in that combination so I would've had to Frankenstein two cases to get the desired result.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/240893-building-the-surgeon-5960x-black-white-build/

the z99 board you used has more white on it than the krait plus i think i may do some black cables