Windows 7 Won't Take Password

domeshot93

I setup a password on my account on my computer. I made sure to type it in correctly.  After I setup the password, I put my computer to sleep and then woke it up to see if it worked.  When I went to wake up the computer from sleep (this isn't the first time this has happened) it went to a blue screen for about 10 seconds then restarted the computer.  I got to the log in screen and it would not take my password. I made sure to type it correctly and that caps lock was off (i tried it with it on too).  I also tried turning off the computer and unplugging the keyboard to see if that would work and it didn't.  I tried to enter safe mode and repair the boot but it did not recognize my drive so I couldn't do anything.  Now its asking for the windows install disk to repair it.  It says "windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause" then it asks for the install disc.  It says there is something wrong with file: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD then status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.  I don't have the install disk with me at the moment (living at school),  hat are my options if I get the install disk to repair it and it does not work or it does work but it won't take my password? 

Thanks 

Alright so here is what I would do. Go on someone's laptop and get a bootable copy of linux. (smaller the better because you are only using it once) (personally I enjoy debian based things) and make a bootable USB. (just google how to do that its extremely easy) and boot into the linux on your laptop (or try) and see if you can access your drive. Then come back here (also copy ur important stuff to another USB)

Sounds like a failing hard drive. You've got a couple of options:

1. Take it to a local computer-fix palce (Best buy would be an option if you live in America)

2. Dust out your pc. It could be because of overheating or dust blocking the connectors

3. Enter the BIOS and see if the drive exists or is made up of a lot of numbers like 571456892659164 disk or something likewise. Basically this means the disk is broken.

4. Try and reformat the disk (if your BIOS allows that. Not all do).

5. Throw the disk (if there isn't anything important on it)

1. Take it to a local computer-fix palce (Best buy would be an option if you live in America)

2. Dust out your pc. It could be because of overheating or dust blocking the connectors

3. Enter the BIOS and see if the drive exists or is made up of a lot of numbers like 571456892659164 disk or something likewise. Basically this means the disk is broken.

I would recomend booting into linux first

It is a samsung 840evo ssd. Has been working fine for about 6 months.  Im just going to get the install disk a run it and see if it fixes it. If not ill just re install windows. I dont have any important data on there just lots and lots of game.  

If you can access your hard drive and the bootloader repair din't fix your password problem use Parted Magic -> Menu -> System Tools -> Change Windows Password

The programm itself is terminal based but pretty straight forward.

You can get the last freeware version of parted magic here:

-> http://www.pcwelt.de/downloads/Parted-Magic-1435183.html

The site is german but the iso is english anyways. Just click "Direkt zum Download" and under the big orange button there is "Weitere Versionen" which is the last freeware one.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

it sounds like possible malware/failing drive.
Boot into linux ( as someone already said), i prefer mint.
If the drive is still funky, it might be a failing drive. 
If not, i say backup all your important data and re install windows.

Normally i recommend trying to clean it first, but in this case i think it is far gone.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

it sounds like possible malware/failing drive.

Boot into linux ( as someone already said), i prefer mint.

If the drive is still funky, it might be a failing drive. 

If not, i say backup all your important data and re install windows.

Normally i recommend trying to clean it first, but in this case i think it is far gone.

Just FYI mint is based on UBUNTU which is based on Debian.. so yeah.

If you can access your hard drive and the bootloader repair din't fix your password problem use Parted Magic -> Menu -> System Tools -> Change Windows Password
The programm itself is terminal based but pretty straight forward.

You can get the last freeware version of parted magic here:
-> http://www.pcwelt.de/downloads/Parted-Magic-1435183.html
The site is german but the iso is english anyways. Just click "Direkt zum Download" and under the big orange button there is "Weitere Versionen" which is the last freeware one.

Exactly what I was going to say, always loved PartedMagic.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Just FYI mint is based on UBUNTU which is based on Debian.. so yeah.

well lah tee dah :P

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

First, you need to create a password reset disk by some programs like Windows password recovery tool http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/windows-password-recovery-tool.html , you need to do this on a workable computer ( Either laptop or desktop is ok)

Second, insert the disk to your locked computer and then reboot your computer from USB, follow the instruction, after a while, it will finish

Windows password recovery tool has both free and paid version, you can try the free version, I don't know how depth it is, or you can try others

First, you need to create a password reset disk by some programs like Windows password recovery tool http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/windows-password-recovery-tool.html , you need to do this on a workable computer ( Either laptop or desktop is ok)

Second, insert the disk to your locked computer and then reboot your computer from USB, follow the instruction, after a while, it will finish

Windows password recovery tool has both free and paid version, you can try the free version, I don't know how depth it is, or you can try others

He said he cant boot up. he BSODS