Best Display for Console 'TV DEAL' - URGENT(ish)

Im looking for a good monitor or tv for a console (xbox one, go console lesser race! jk i have pc too but thts irrelevant)

The console has limited specifications so i dont want to bother spending extra money on monitor features my xbox one cant take advantage of anyway (refresh rate cap?) Like in nicer asus and benq monitors.

Anyway, im wondering whether i should take a pretty damn good temporary deal for a tv: Here  Normally $430, currently $269.6969

Specs:

1080p

120hz

42inch

6ms response time

Seems pretty nice to me, the price being the most appealing part, only unappealing part being slightly high response time.

there are other monitors i can buy for about the same price like the benqs and asus' people love, but im not sure those exceptional features matter so much for a console (maybe they do, not sure)

I sort of see it as:

faster response time (1-2ms vs 6ms) VS Tv functionality, Bigger screen (advantage or naw?), sexy af

Knowing that this is for a console, there may be nice cheaper monitors that still maximize optimization of the xbone for a better low price

Maybe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483

or something like that...

Anyway just wondering if anyone has opinions or advice on what they would do. Suggestions for best monitors for Xbox one, or whether or not you wud buy the TV instead. I have about 10ish hours to decide tho so this post pretty much only relevant until then.

Thats a fine tv xD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Im looking for a good monitor or tv for a console (xbox one, go console lesser race! jk i have pc too but thts irrelevant)

The console has limited specifications so i dont want to bother spending extra money on monitor features my xbox one cant take advantage of anyway (refresh rate cap?) Like in nicer asus and benq monitors.

Anyway, im wondering whether i should take a pretty damn good temporary deal for a tv: Here  Normally $430, currently $269.6969

Specs:

1080p

120hz

42inch

6ms response time

Seems pretty nice to me, the price being the most appealing part, only unappealing part being slightly high response time.

there are other monitors i can buy for about the same price like the benqs and asus' people love, but im not sure those exceptional features matter so much for a console (maybe they do, not sure)

I sort of see it as:

faster response time (1-2ms vs 6ms) VS Tv functionality, Bigger screen (advantage or naw?), sexy af

Knowing that this is for a console, there may be nice cheaper monitors that still maximize optimization of the xbone for a better low price

Maybe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483

or something like that...

Anyway just wondering if anyone has opinions or advice on what they would do. Suggestions for best monitors for Xbox one, or whether or not you wud buy the TV instead. I have about 10ish hours to decide tho so this post pretty much only relevant until then.

It depends on game you are playing, But its really hard to notice diffrence btw 1ms and 6ms, some people do some don't.

It depends on game you are playing, But its really hard to notice diffrence btw 1ms and 6ms, some people do some don't.

i play most single player immersive games on my computer, i'll play COD, Assassins creed unity, on the xbone. from what ive heard it really depends, some people dont notice it at all, some do but dont care, some think it really matters. its put me in a state of uncertainty :/

i play most single player immersive games on my computer, i'll play COD, Assassins creed unity, on the xbone. from what ive heard it really depends, some people dont notice it at all, some do but dont care, some think it really matters. its put me in a state of uncertainty :/

Its up to you bro

I think the most important thing to consider with your decision is how close you sit to the display. If you normally sit more than ~4 feet away from the display, you might want to go for the TV. If you sit fairly close to the screen, like you would at a desk, go for a monitor. I have an eyefinity setup with the monitor you linked. It is a solid performer, and is often on sale for about $130. 

I think the most important thing to consider with your decision is how close you sit to the display. If you normally sit more than ~4 feet away from the display, you might want to go for the TV. If you sit fairly close to the screen, like you would at a desk, go for a monitor. I have an eyefinity setup with the monitor you linked. It is a solid performer, and is often on sale for about $130. 

I can adjust my distance depending on which option i choose.

What as an eyefinity setup? and yeah the monitor looks pretty good for 130.

I can adjust my distance depending on which option i choose.

What as an eyefinity setup? and yeah the monitor looks pretty good for 130.

An eyefinity setup is pretty much just 3 (or more) monitors in one surround setup. It is a bit overkill, but I love it.

Personally, I would go with the monitor because it is cheaper, has a higher pixel density, has a faster response time, generally has better color reproduction, and offers you more flexibility if you want to add more in the future. I recommend waiting until it goes on sale again, though.

hi to all. I am new here.

I am thinking to connect my future upgraded pc to a 4k tv by displayport 1.2 or 1.3. can someone suggest me the best quality/price 4k tv with displayport possibly not over 40-45 inch? at the moment I have been able to find only a 50 inch Panasonic but I wish to have a 40 inch to benefit of the higher ppi. thanks (I hope not being off topic)