Metric Bytes

InfinateX

Not really, Youtube's total amount of video data was just short of 9 petabytes (9000 TB) as of 2011. That would still, however, be about a 10 millionth (1.3x10^-7) of the mass of the moon (74x10^21 kg) given the proposed kB:kg conversion.

Maths and science is fun! I was thinking about what sort of mass is involved in such a large amount of weight with this small physical area.Could a 1TB drive of such high density cause some issues to space, like absorbing light or creating its own gravitational field.

If all of Youtubes storage were in the same place I think you might see some weird effects going on with this sort of weight conversion.

fortunately you have an SSD which is more optimised.
its 1kg per mb 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I was wondering why my PC was so heavy. I guess it wasn't the 2kg PSU or the 10kg case after all. It must have been the movies and music all along.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Centi- is used for drinks bottles and short distances. 0.75 litre wine bottles are usually labelled 75 cl (centilitre) and 1cm = 0.01m (or 10mm). A centibyte or a decibyte would be fairly pointless as nobody actually uses files that small nowadays anyway, and if you do, you just say "567 bytes", not 56.7 cB or 5.67 dB.

"decibyte" would also share its abbreviation with the more ubiquitous "decibel", leading to much confusion.

Centi prefix is not actually a proper prefix, It goes straight from milli, to the base unit. Centi is only used in cases where the base unit us too large and millie is too small. So for cm since we use it all the time it would be annoying using mm for everything so they added the centi. Technically its not correct, but it makes life much easier.  

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

You can have a 'centibyte' I guess or something (100 bytes) but no one uses it.

Kind of like millilitres(1mL)  and Litres(1000mL) (measuring liquid) we don't really use centilitre(10mL)

We use 'centi' in centimeter(10mm) 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review