overheating

SBM553

Hi everyone my first topic here

As the title says, I have an overheating problem on my PCs BUT not your usual overheating problem.

I'm from Algeria (in north Africa) I live in a very hot place and I face this issue all the time.

Adding new fans, changing the thermal paste, modding the GPU and the PC case and managing the cables and other components for better airflow is enough to fix it most of the time.
But !!!  sometimes it gets REALLY hot here. even with the air conditioning you can still feel the heat.
and it makes the PCs get way more hotter and the expelled heat makes the room warmer and some times it becomes really annoying.

TLDR: the expelled heat from my PC annoys me

I don't have a specified RIG I work with different GPU cards and CPUs all the time

so whats are your thoughts on that ?

Don't mind my English skillzz

Buy a flexible heat duct and pipe the hot air from your PC into the outside of your house.

Like this:

619WH8PtTxL._SX425_.jpg

Do something like this, but in reverse, so that hot air goes out:

DSC00059.jpg?t=1169424076

outside-air-cooled-pc-e1294681843791.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

very interesting @Enderman, thanks for the quick reply.

I misread that title as "Overeating". Then I realised what it actually said. My bad. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

very interesting @Enderman, thanks for the quick reply.

You're welcome :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I misread that title as "Overeating". Then I realised what it actually said. My bad. :D

rofl. I'm sure you were wondering what an overeating problem has to do with tech troubleshooting :lol:

rofl. I'm sure you were wondering what an overeating problem has to do with tech troubleshooting :lol:

Yeah, I was *ROFLMBO*. I thought that it did seem rather strange. I thought that if one had an overeating problem then maybe a tech forum isn't a place to get help. We probably would've all told ya to stop eating so much. :D :lol:. At least I made ya have a good laugh. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@Enderman 's solution plus a closed case design (if you have the money and time to put your system into a new case) would pretty sure help. What I mean by a closed system is that you only have intakes in your room (eg. only front panel intakes) and the air goeas out only in the back so no hot air is beeing pushed into your room!

Hi everyone my first topic here

As the title says, I have an overheating problem on my PCs BUT not your usual overheating problem.

I'm from Algeria (in north Africa) I live in a very hot place and I face this issue all the time.

Adding new fans, changing the thermal paste, modding the GPU and the PC case and managing the cables and other components for better airflow is enough to fix it most of the time.

But !!!  sometimes it gets REALLY hot here. even with the air conditioning you can still feel the heat.

and it makes the PCs get way more hotter and the expelled heat makes the room warmer and some times it becomes really annoying.

TLDR: the expelled heat from my PC annoys me

I don't have a specified RIG I work with different GPU cards and CPUs all the time

so whats are your thoughts on that ?

i live in algeria too and in laghouat so yeah in the desert anyway are you overclcking you CPU or GPU if yes trun these overclocks down or if possible undervolt you CPU or if it's also possible get a new cooler , water cooling is perfect

Manners Maketh Man

I would possibly also get an all in one water cooler.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i live in algeria too and in laghouat so yeah in the desert anyway are you overclcking you CPU or GPU if yes trun these overclocks down or if possible undervolt you CPU or if it's also possible get a new cooler , water cooling is perfect

saha wlid bladi hhhh

glad to see a fellow Algerian here ;)

I'm from the capital, usually I don't have a problem there, except when I try overclocking during  hot days in summer (you know how hot it gets there ) but now I'm asking because I may have move to the south for a few weeks/mouths. and from my experience things will not look good if I take my PC with me :lol:.

overclocking a PC in the desert is like you're literally trying to melt it hhhh :P

@Enderman 's solution plus a closed case design (if you have the money and time to put your system into a new case) would pretty sure help. What I mean by a closed system is that you only have intakes in your room (eg. only front panel intakes) and the air goeas out only in the back so no hot air is beeing pushed into your room!

Exactly, that's what I was thinking about

Liquid cooling, air duct passage as outlined by Enderman, new case could help. Those are pretty much all the doable things I could think of....

Buy a flexible heat duct and pipe the hot air from your PC into the outside of your house.

Like this:

619WH8PtTxL._SX425_.jpg

Do something like this, but in reverse, so that hot air goes out:

DSC00059.jpg?t=1169424076

outside-air-cooled-pc-e1294681843791.jpg

You might want to direct a fan that blows air out into the duct and add a filter to the end that  goes outside. 

Get a liquid cooler, a baller heat sink, or use liquid niitrogen to cool it.