Spray painting fans?

CrysisLegend

So I just ordered a noctua CPU cooler, yes we all know about noctuas colors. I was wondering since the fan is so easily removable if I can spray paint it? The reason I'm asking is I don't know if this would effect performance. As long as I don't get it in where the fan connects/rotates I should be ok?

Just wondering if this is something you guys have done in the past and if this will effect my fan's performance in any way.

It is possible to do but not very easily. The problem with it is the weight of the fan will be changed, throwing all of noctua's engineering out the window. You can however dye the fans but it is much more difficult and requires different equipment. I am not 100% sure of how it is done.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Noctua makes industrial-series fans that are less digusting.

^ Talks about painting fans in the video.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You can paint the frame but I wouldn't paint the actual fan

Noctua makes industrial-series fans that are less digusting.

^ Talks about painting fans in the video.

Ya you can they just have a higher RPM (Not sure if you can change) and they cost about 10$ more than the regular ones.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Dont spray paint the fan itself. The chances of anyone getting the paint to distribute itself so evenly the weight balance won't change are next to impossible. What you'll wind up with is a "whompy" fan as it spins, creating more noise.

Spray the frame though!

It might be possible to sit the fan upright somewhere (outside), and spray a fine mist of paint near the fan while its spinning and let the fan paint its own blades evenly, but that idea seriously just came out of my *** at this moment, so this likely would not work the way I am imagining it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It might be possible to sit the fan upright somewhere (outside), and spray a fine mist of paint near the fan while its spinning and let the fan paint its own blades evenly, but that idea seriously just came out of my *** at this moment, so this likely would not work the way I am imagining it.

This is definitely not how you'd get an even layer--the paint would build up on the leading edge of the fan blades.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.