Microsoft LX 3000 for little brother?

ohenry

I am getting a cheap headset for my little brother's birthday and I am considering the LX-3000. It's $24.99 at Memory Express and I have heard good reviews about it. My price range is up to $40 Canadian(preferrably around $30) and I was wondering if there was anything else in that price range. He will be using it for Minecraft, Garrys Mod, skyping and some other games.

I am uneducated in this price range of peripherals for headsets, I would just go on amazon and find one with good reviews at a cheap price :P

The LX 3000 headset looks like it does everything you need it to do at an affordable price.

Good on ya for buying your brother something :)

The sound quality is awful on them, they produce a lot of distortion with high/low end tones. For simply talking on Teamspeak/Skype/Vent they're fine. But everything else, they're shit. The best cheap pair to go for, are the Creative Fatality headphones. Decent mic quality, nice bass and good sound quality for the price.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I had these headphones, They will probably hurt his ears. Nothing good about them, sorry.

I have them, I use them as a desk mic at the moment.  They have a reasonable mic, the sound is average at best, but not god awful.  They will start to get uncomfortable after a while. Also they are very tough, I have tripped on the cable at least a dozen times and ripped them of my desk yet they are still like new.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.