AMD or Nvidia for Unity and UDK Development?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if having an Radeon or a Nvidia graphics will make a difference when developing in Unity 3D and the UDK? I know that CUDA helps with Adobe type programs and AMD's 'Stream Processors' help in OpenGL stuff. But does either make a difference in Unity and the UDK?

Also, what about Quadro Cards?, do they contribute anything? 

Thanks a load.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Shouldn't make a real difference. When rendering the preview in any game SDK that I've used, it doesn't actually draw all of the post process effects and such, and most good kits also let you toggle dynamic lighting, shadows, skybox, LOD etc. Instead of worrying what you should use when developing, you should worry about getting a balanced alpha and beta testing pool :P

I don't like Unity's pricing scheme so I've stuck to NeoAxis, but it should be very similar.

This would also be better to post in the programming forum. It's the most relevant part of the forum even if it's not totally so.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Shouldn't make a real difference. When rendering the preview in any game SDK that I've used, it doesn't actually draw all of the post process effects and such, and most good kits also let you toggle dynamic lighting, shadows, skybox, LOD etc. Instead of worrying what you should use when developing, you should worry about getting a balanced alpha and beta testing pool :P

I don't like Unity's pricing scheme so I've stuck to NeoAxis, but it should be very similar.

This would also be better to post in the programming forum. It's the most relevant part of the forum even if it's not totally so.

Ok, thats good to know. What about Unreal Engines UDK? And this doesn't really fit into the programming section.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Ok, thats good to know. What about Unreal Engines UDK? And this doesn't really fit into the programming section.

It fits better in the programming section than the general section, as there are numerous threads there about game development SDKs and game development SDKs do have a programming component. By posting there, you would get more replies from people who are knowledgeable on the subject. That said, I wish there was a game development subforum at LTT.

Anyway, I have no experience with Unreal SDK. But I have tried numerous SDKs and haven't seen one where you can't disable certain graphical effects from the realtime preview.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It fits better in the programming section than the general section, as there are numerous threads there about game development SDKs and game development SDKs do have a programming component. By posting there, you would get more replies from people who are knowledgeable on the subject. That said, I wish there was a game development subforum at LTT.

Anyway, I have no experience with Unreal SDK. But I have tried numerous SDKs and haven't seen one where you can't disable certain graphical effects from the realtime preview.

ok what evs.

It was a general question, what can I say?