Dual-Monitor Help

Alright so this is my first ever set-up so please excuse my noobness. I am trying to put together a project where I will build a custom PC and get dual monitors with it. I will be getting a GeForce GTX 970 that has one DVI-I (Dual Link) and one DVI-D (Dual Link) connectors. I will also be getting a monitor that does not have a DVI port but it has a VGA, so I have to use VGA. So is this actually possible?

Monitor 1: GTX 970's DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) (PORT) --> DVI-D (Single Link) (MALE TO MALE) (CABLE) --> DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) to VGA (MALE) (ADAPTER) --> Monitor's VGA (FEMALE) (PORT)

Monitor 2: GTX 970's DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) (PORT) --> DVI-D (Single Link) (MALE TO MALE) (CABLE) --> DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) to VGA (MALE) (ADAPTER) --> Monitor's VGA (FEMALE) (PORT)

Here is a diagram to show you what I mean.

Alright so this is my first ever set-up so please excuse my noobness. I am trying to put together a project where I will build a custom PC and get dual monitors with it. I will be getting a GeForce GTX 970 that has one DVI-I (Dual Link) and one DVI-D (Dual Link) connectors. I will also be getting a monitor that does not have a DVI port but it has a VGA, so I have to use VGA. So is this

Those ads......... Errr. right, I think you may need to get a DP to VGA adaptor, Since DVI-I is the only one with analog signal.

DVI-D only carries digital signal IIRC. VGA Is analog

You'll only be able to use one monitor over using a DVI-I to VGA adapter. The other one will have to be connected either with a native DVI, HDMI, or DP, or be connected with either an HDMI-VGA or a DP-VGA adapter..

The GPU only has one DVI-I port, the other one is DVI-D, which does not carry an analog signal.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Alright so this is my first ever set-up so please excuse my noobness. I am trying to put together a project where I will build a custom PC and get dual monitors with it. I will be getting a GeForce GTX 970 that has one DVI-I (Dual Link) and one DVI-D (Dual Link) connectors. I will also be getting a monitor that does not have a DVI port but it has a VGA, so I have to use VGA. So is this actually possible?

Monitor 1: GTX 970's DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) (PORT) --> DVI-D (Single Link) (MALE TO MALE) (CABLE) --> DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) to VGA (MALE) (ADAPTER) --> Monitor's VGA (FEMALE) (PORT)

Monitor 2: GTX 970's DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) (PORT) --> DVI-D (Single Link) (MALE TO MALE) (CABLE) --> DVI-I (Dual Link) (FEMALE) to VGA (MALE) (ADAPTER) --> Monitor's VGA (FEMALE) (PORT)

Here is a diagram to show you what I mean.

Welcome to the forum!

I suggest you to use DVI or HDMI as long as your monitors support it over VGA for better color and quality. 

Also the DVI-D cables you plan to use will not carry an analog signal so you will need to get DVI-I cables instead for any VGA connection as long as the GPU has two DVI-I ports, I don't think it supports dual VGA if I remember correctly

Edited by W-L