Galaxy Z87-HOF motherboard

mvitkun

Well Galaxy,the board partner with nvidia,made a Z87 motherboard.anybody going to buy it?

doesn't look bad at all in my opinion,and for the right price I think the motherboard could sell very well.

maybe something like 189.99-209.99 USD

67a.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/185095/galaxy-shows-off-z87-hall-of-fame-motherboard.html

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

no because
1. haswell sucks
2. since they are new, I will wait to see if it's reliable

I wouldn't buy galaxy. But that's just me.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

no because

1. haswell sucks

2. since they are new, I will wait to see if it's reliable

I'd say for you that's a good choice.

I mean going from Sandybridge,soldered IHS,to Haswell,die not soldered to IHS,for 20-30% performance is a terrible decision.

especially considering you'd need to change the motherboard as well.

but I meant for people that plan on buying haswell.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

well, it's a pretty cool board, it has 2 8-pin for the CPU power, meaning you can do some SERIOUS overvolting if they have the proper power-phase incorporated, but it looks slick and sleek, one of the more classy board out there

Haswell sucks is a pretty strong statement. But because I'm planning on upgrading I might consider bying, looks sleek and classy, the chipset heatsink is bling but not too much, but if it doesn't overclock well then I'm not going to. And I'm not sure about availability in finland, haven't seen many Galaxy gpus here

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I dislike the looks and I don't trust the brand just yet, so no.

Why has no one mentioned the 4 x 16x SLI/Crossfire ?? I could be wrong but is that not super impressive ?

Why has no one mentioned the 4 x 16x SLI/Crossfire ?? I could be wrong but is that not super impressive ?

not really.

all it means is that there's going to be more latency in sli due to the PLX chip.

with pcie 3.0 you could easily run any graphics card at pcie x4 with little to no loss in performance.

Linus Sebastian said:

It looks good. That said, I don't intend on ever touching Haswell. If they make a 2011 socket board with looks like that in time for Ivy Bridge-E then maybe they can change my mind from my plan on going Sandy-E for my current build. Though, announcements have got to be soon. I plan on buying the CPU and Mobo in August, unless Ivy-E announcements come first and wow me.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

not really.

all it means is that there's going to be more latency in sli due to the PLX chip.

with pcie 3.0 you could easily run any graphics card at pcie x4 with little to no loss in performance.

+1 on this 

I will also wait for reviews, looks pretty good though.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

well, it's a pretty cool board, it has 2 8-pin for the CPU power, meaning you can do some SERIOUS overvolting if they have the proper power-phase incorporated, but it looks slick and sleek, one of the more classy board out there

The extra power is for the PCIE slots. Linus touched on this board in a computex vid

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

This is easily one of the ugliest motherboards I've ever seen. Also, the "Hall of Fame" thing is a pretty bold claim from a company with no prior experience manufacturing motherboards.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I expect that they're just all wired for x16, I can't imagine the PLX chip they'd have to put on that thing to make it run 3 PCI-E 3.0 slots at x16 and the horrendous lag that would come with it

This is easily one of the ugliest motherboards I've ever seen. Also, the "Hall of Fame" thing is a pretty bold claim from a company with no prior experience manufacturing motherboards.

that's their branding, their graphics cards, instead of ROG, they are Hall Of Fame

that's their branding, their graphics cards, instead of ROG, they are Hall Of Fame

Did not know that.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Never heard of them, is it their own Hall of Fame ? Or is it a buzz word branding that doesn't actually mean anything like the titles to basically every Japanese manga game?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Did not know that.

I just took a guess considering some of their cards have this Hall Of Fame mark, I think it's reasonable