best headphones/ headsets

Joncrafters

Hello i wanted to know some great headsets for pc gaming that have great sound and it dose not even need a mic (i have a snowball) that cost around 100 $ the most im willing to pay is 140$

Thanks guys

I would look at standalone mics as well as headphones, generally they're both better individually. However there are a lot of high quality headsets available, I use Razer headsets and I haven't had any problems with them. However it's all based on personal preference so the decision is up to you.

I would look at standalone mics as well as headphones, generally they're both better individually. However there are a lot of high quality headsets available, I use Razer headsets and I haven't had any problems with them. However it's all based on personal preference so the decision is up to you.

ya i have a standalone mic im just looking for a good headphones

I would highly recommend the Sennheiser HD558's. They are smack dab in the middle of your $100-$140 price range, running at $120 almost all the time now. In my opinion they are one of, if not the best, headphones in this price point. They have absolutely great and clear mids, crisp but not over bearing or sharp highs, and good balanced bass. Since they are open style headphones they have an absolutely great soundstage. They are amazingly light, with a low, but firm clamping pressure, along with a very breathable ear cup which allows you to wear them for really long periods of time without any fatigue.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414814834&sr=8-1&keywords=HD558

I would highly recommend the Sennheiser HD558's. They are smack dab in the middle of your $100-$140 price range, running at $120 almost all the time now. In my opinion they are one of, if not the best, headphones in this price point. They have absolutely great and clear mids, crisp but not over bearing or sharp highs, and good balanced bass. Since they are open style headphones they have an absolutely great soundstage. They are amazingly light, with a low, but firm clamping pressure, along with a very breathable ear cup which allows you to wear them for really long periods of time without any fatigue.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414814834&sr=8-1&keywords=HD558

do u know if they are closed design??

do u know if they are closed design??

No they are not closed, they are an open style headphone.

Ya I saw a video and a lot of sound leaks out of them. Know any closed headphones?

Ya I saw a video and a lot of sound leaks out of them. Know any closed headphones?

Although it's subjective, but I haven't found a closed headphone in the sub $140 that sounds good. When you hit sub $250, there is a Sony MDR-1R, and even a Harman Kardon Soho in $200 that sounds good.

Sub $140 closed back, maybe try ATH M40x

Open headphones really dont leak as much sound as people think after changing to my superlux 681 (Plan on upgrading soon) I am never going to go back to closed.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Although it's subjective, but I haven't found a closed headphone in the sub $140 that sounds good. When you hit sub $250, there is a Sony MDR-1R, and even a Harman Kardon Soho in $200 that sounds good.

Sub $140 closed back, maybe try ATH M40x

Used MDR1R run around $130-140 on ebay. Also DT770 sometimes go down to around $160. But yeah closed is hard for around $100. Shure 440 with 840 pads is decent. 

Used MDR1R run around $130-140 on ebay. Also DT770 sometimes go down to around $160. But yeah closed is hard for around $100. Shure 440 with 840 pads is decent. 

what about the m40x is it open or closed or like semi-closed

what about the m40x is it open or closed or like semi-closed

Audiotechnica is highly overrated. The M40x is ok but I prefer the Sony MDR7506 in that price range instead. It's closed.