Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX - Unrecognised in Windows

Hi everyone,

I'm having a few issues with my sound card at the moment and I'm not too sure what's going on. Here's a bit of back story... I installed the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX sound card around 3 years ago which worked the moment I installed the drivers. Around 3 months ago I decided to reformat my computer and re-install windows just to clear a lot of unwanted junk off. As I expected my sound card was no longer working due to the drivers not being installed. I went to the Creative website, found the correct drivers for my card and installed them.. Everything was running smoothly until I got a message stating that I do not have any device installed for these drivers (I can't remember the exact message but it was something similar to that). It's almost as if windows doesn't detect the card at all.. I'm about 99% sure that the drivers I'm trying to install are the correct ones. 

I hold my hands up and say that I haven't gone into too much depth into finding any solution for this, other that attempting to install the correct drivers. I'm going to try installing the card into a different PCI slot and see if that gives me any luck. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to try...

I appreciate any help or advice.

try to install slightly older drivers, may help 

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro.