i have a 2002 mercedes benz s320 2002, the cd player is not mp3 what is it ?

alihazzi7

i have a 2002 mercedes benz s320 2002, the cd player in that is this d57e486246cb98d5c94849a990dca8bc.png it has like 10 cd changers and it will not read MP3 what format does it need to be to read the cds ? its a BOSE sound system back from 2002 

Nice car for a 15 year old.  Sure it's not your parent's? :P

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Are you using CD-R or CD-RW.

My car's CD player wouldn't read CD's unless they were CD-R.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Nice car for a 15 year old.  Sure it's not your parent's? p

my brother gave it to me for my first car :) 4 weeks ago, he has a range rover now.

Are you using CD-R or CD-RW.

My car's CD player wouldn't read CD's unless they were CD-R.

im using cdr

my brother gave it to me for my first car :) 4 weeks ago, he has a range rover now.

Well then...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well then...

im trying to burn cds for it untill i get new sound system for it, TBH its not a bad sound system for a 15 year old car bass is still good

im trying to burn cds for it untill i get new sound system for it, TBH its not a bad sound system for a 15 year old car bass is still good

Heh, and there's a Bose ad at the bottom of my page - how ironic...

<3 MegaDave

<3 MegaDave

How you doin', girl?

Check if it got any kind of external input, maybe an auxiliary (AUX) jack? If it does, just use your portable player as the source, and connect it to the head unit.

nah its at 2002 car it does not have an aux i have to work with the untill i get a new unit

Check if it got any kind of external input, maybe an auxiliary (AUX) jack? If it does, just use your portable player as the source, and connect it to the head unit.

this is my car 

Have you tested with a proper CD. does it play?

Burn the disc as an audio CD not as mp3 on the CD. It is to old to read that.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Have you tested with a proper CD. does it play?

Burn the disc as an audio CD not as mp3 on the CD. It is to old to read that.

yeah the cds that are in it are wma wav im not sure or something 

You need to be using the .cda format... It's an old lossless (iirc) format for music cds specifically...

You can make a music cd with this format using Nero... I don't know if there are other software that support this but Nero is a sure bet...

Why you can trust me: I have 2 component systems that use the format... Same with the 10-disc player in the Ford Lynx that I regularly drive...

Im pretty sure that your car will not support MP3 at all. Also just because its old, doesnt mean it cant use auxiliary. I bought a 2003 bmw 325i and made an easy mod on it by plugging in an aux in to the back of the radio and routing it through the console and now i use auxiliary like a modern car. Not saying yours is guaranteed to have that kind of an option, but definitely look into it.

As far as music, you can use Windows Media Player, iTunes, or windows itself to make disks. Just make sure you make it as an audio disk (this will replace the 700mb size limit with an 80 or so minute limit) and load up songs like that. I haven't done this in ages so i cant walk you through it, but thats probably what you need to do. 

You can get them in mintish condition for five grand here. A mid 80s S550 will sell for more.